Car In The Bure Since 1991

Snowy

Just seen this on Twitter  from Broads beat 

Great result from last week's joint exploratory dive on River Bure #Acle - Vehicle found submerged on riverbed from Sonar scan was stolen back in 1991! Enquiries continue... @NorfolkPolice @BroadsAuth #SolebayDiving ?⚓

makes you wonder what else we go over while boating !!

3998F63F-783C-477C-8935-603306C67AB9.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Emergency service called out the Chedgrave on Friday morning after  a car was found in the River Chet:-

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/emergency-services-called-out-to-chedgrave-after-car-goes-into-the-river-chet-1-5271859

Regards

Alan

How on earth did they manage to get a car in the river from Pits Lane, unbelievable!!  

There must be an element of undesirable living in Loddon for things to keep occuring in the area. 

Some years ago. One of the competitors in the 3 rivers race was along side me, going under Acle bridge. Their back stay, caught an obstruction in the water. When investigated by BA a very battered BMW was found down there that had been missing 5 years.

I think what happens is that cars dumped in the river wash around, until they hit the old ford/ remains of previous bridges and then eventually get noticed...

I've lost two electric shavers and numerous watches over the years. I've also been present when a soda Syphon was pulled up in the bucket of a digger, the next scoop brought up a tray and glasses..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snowy said:

Just seen this on Twitter  from Broads beat 

Vehicle found submerged on riverbed from Sonar scan was stolen back in 1991! Enquiries continue... @NorfolkPolice

3998F63F-783C-477C-8935-603306C67AB9.png

Since our boys in blue are under staffed and under paid for what they have to put up with in their job, I think enquiries will be ongoing through 2020 for this finding. But by then, alot of people will have forgotten about it.  

1 hour ago, Philosophical said:

It may have been stolen in 1991, but been "in the Bure since 1991" is a bit of an assumption, for all we know it could have been driven in the day before it was discovered.

It’s Norfolk we are talking about, to drive round in a stolen car since 1991 ?!?! Really 

24 minutes ago, Snowy said:

It’s Norfolk we are talking about, to drive round in a stolen car since 1991 ?!?! Really 

Does anyone know for sure when was it driven into the river?

I was simply questioning the assumption that it was driven into the river in 1991 being the year it was stolen

10 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

I was simply questioning the assumption that it was driven into the river in 1991 being the year it was stolen

I don’t know, I used that as a heading purely to start a topic, no truth at all in it,

I would imagine it went in the water not long after being stolen

5 minutes ago, Snowy said:

I don’t know, I used that as a heading purely to start a topic, no truth at all in it,

I would imagine it went in the water not long after being stolen

I would think so too.

As a heading start for a topic: well, that worked quite well

9 minutes ago, Philosophical said:

It's like the question that, if the insurance companies know that there are more than a million motorists out there that are driving on our roads uninsured, why isn't this knowledge being used to combat it.

I know, the resource to combat this outweighs the risk.:default_dry:

I know there's an expensive pair of hand made pike rods , and a pair of Shimano baitrunner reels in the Thurne around Repps Staithe ...... A nice considerate yachtsman , came through in the dark under sail AND power , without navigation lights ( or any for that matter ) and dragged them in ..... £500 quids worth gone for good :default_badday:

• Sad 2