• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

mbird

WiFi Hotspots

Hi Jay & Jo,

Welcome to the NBN Forum from me also :wave

cheers Iain.

Hello BarnesB,

Thank you for posting the information regarding wifi.

With your permission I would like to add a link to our information pages?

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Alan

Yes of course - no problem at all.

The map is an on-going project and I am continually adding information and updating.  As I said above, if anyone has any information they think should be added, please let me know and I will be happy to do it.  :)

• Like 1

:wave

hi all, we've decided not to hire a boat this year , so we're staying on a houseboat at horning , so was just wondering if the signals got any better down for 3 , &if not  which pub has the best wifi in that area .  lori 

I think the New Inn has WIFI, Lori. Enjoy the house boat holi:wave

cheersIain

• Like 2

Wayford bridge does have good WiFi...even better outside Tesco in Stalham!

• Like 2

Hi everyone. We are back on the Northern Broads at the end of the month, and I'm looking to buy a data only sim for my tablet. Which network would give me the best coverage? Thanks for any replies! 

Welcome aboard from us Goldeen.   :welcome:

I'd say that Vodafone is undoubtedly the best that I've used, both North & South.     :wave

• Like 1

And if you like pubs (!) then Kerry from Barnes Brinkcraft's post above gives their link to all the pubs with wifi. We haven't been in ANY that don't have it!    cheersbar

• Like 1

:welcome: to the forum. On our visit last month, we used 3 and EE. Both were OK, except for Horning and Salhouse.

• Like 1

Hello Goldeen,

Welcome to the NBN  forum.

The WiFi information can be found in the following location:-

Forums/Visiting the Broads?/Broads Wifi information.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

After the last 2weeks out on the broads and between Ian and myself our signals on our mobile phones were sometimes a no go. I went for around 4days on north river, where my mobile said "No Service". I could not understand how others were writing post, when I could not get a signal and how dear JawsOrca could post on Barton Broad. Should we have mobiles with different contract just so we get signals / service?

1 hour ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

After the last 2weeks out on the broads and between Ian and myself our signals on our mobile phones were sometimes a no go. I went for around 4days on north river, where my mobile said "No Service". I could not understand how others were writing post, when I could not get a signal and how dear JawsOrca could post on Barton Broad. Should we have mobiles with different contract just so we get signals / service?

Hi Marina,

Its not always your phone suppliers signal that is the problem, but the actual make of mobile phone. Ruth and I both have Samsungs, and a signal is a hit n miss with both models. However,Ruth's sisters is a pretty basic Nokia, and it works fine. We are all on EE. I do use THREE with a dongle for my laptop as I have found it to be the best all rounder for PC work on holiday.

cheersIain

• Like 2

I found this year that I could get fairly good coverage on O2 everywhere on the north except Acle. That seemed very strange given that it was the most open expanse of land. Hubby is on EE I think and his was much more hit and miss than mine ... but he did seem to have coverage anywhere that I didn't!

The wi-fi wasn't working on Moon Beam which we reported to Horizon Craft so they could take a look for the next hirer. But we were able to connect up via other Richardson's boats that were near us if they had their wi-fi switched on.

Similar situation with me Iain.  Got two phones both on EE, the nokia smartphone is hit n miss but my ancient samsung clamshell type phone is a lot better. Strange isnt it? 

I too use three with a dongle and I would say it is 70/30 successful in getting a signal, although sometimes I do have to put it on a USB extension lead and hang it out the window!

trev.

• Like 2

It was very funny, because you would have no signal and then you would receive a text / message and back to no signal :naughty:.

Then traveling on the upper Yare I could post 3 photo from my mobile. Don't you just look the Broads :bow.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 1

Why not just forget about wi fi and mobile phones etc, and just enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Broads while on a boat?.  Nobody NEEDS a mobile computer phone tablet thingy, you only think you do beacause of hyper successful marketing.  It`s so good to be a ludite.

• Like 4