Warning Motorboat Owners / Hirers Aug 2016

TheQ

Dear Broads Users,:wave
It has come to my attention that Some people have been Ignoring my notices about sailing events that I have put up on this site (and others).  Frown  because they think sailing has nothing to do with them.

boat-sail IN particular, the 3 Rivers Race and Horning Regatta, I put these notices up so that YOU may be notified of US, GETTING IN YOUR WAY,
IN A BIG WAY
boat-sail

So to prevent a large wooden bowsprit appearing through your window.
:shocked:shocked:shocked
Please Please, if you haven't read my notices before, go to Horning Regatta 2016, and have a read. Smile It may help you not have a heart attack!!! Scared  

Thank you all...:
boat-sailcheers

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Honestly, anyone would be forgiven for thinking this lot were afraid of a few sailie thingies, what ARE you, men or mice? :naughty:

:gracie::Sailing

Grace

Come on chaps squeak up!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Honestly, anyone would be forgiven for thinking this lot were afraid of a few sailie thingies, what ARE you, men or mice? :naughty:

:gracie::Sailing

Grace

Think i'll leave them for you and the wench darlin.................  im a mouse ....... far to many getting in the way for me..... But am sure that for you and the wench a clear path will open up to let you both through.....

Dont think any flappy thing is brave enough not to for you pair

Charlie goes back into :hiding:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Gracie I'm sure we have a bowsprit for you!!!

Picture it now...the new Cutty Sark Gracie, out front on the bowsprit, with glass of wine in one hand an holding on for grim death with the other !:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 2

So remember don't cruise down the middle of the river because you will upset the sailers, oh yes and do t go too near the bank because you will upset the fishermen!

must be be really confusing for the newbies

good luck out there 

John B

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jbx5 said:

So remember don't cruise down the middle of the river because you will upset the sailers, oh yes and do t go too near the bank because you will upset the fishermen!

must be be really confusing for the newbies

good luck out there 

John B

And if you damage the reeds you'll upset the tree-huggers. Oh sod it, come South for the week!

• Like 6

I am greatful that the people of this site, have taken the message in the style it was written, just a attempt to get people to read the main thread regatta, who wouldn't normally read it. No one has gone off the deep end like on the other site....

2 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Picture it now...the new Cutty Sark Gracie, out front on the bowsprit, with glass of wine in one hand an holding on for grim death with the other !:naughty:

cheersIain

In a Cutty Sark?

• Like 2

Stay clear of the start. It all changes at the five minute gun. The crew shout at each other, they shout at other members, they shout at everybody. Things like water, and a china man called Lee Ho!

There a six stages of a good regatta.

1 Wild enthusiasm 

2 Total confusion 

3 Utter despair 

4 Find the guilty 

5 Persecute the innocent

6 Apologise and make friends again.

There is another...............enjoy

• Like 3

I just had to take a peep over there, indeed I came back here via a link over there so cunningly placed by The Q, the little tinker! One thing written over there that I do agree with is that Horning Regatta, like any other Broads Regatta, is a spectacle in itself and to that I would add it's very much a part of the heritage of The Broads. As an aside I will add, thank goodness the Authority doesn't dabble in regattas, wise decision on its behalf!

• Like 1