River Ant

timh

• 4 weeks later...

This time next week we'll be on our way to Wayford Bridge. As it's well upstream I assume the flooding/high tide combination won't affect us much. As we're going to be on a houseboat I sincerely hope we won't have to worry about bridge clearance. For me the main consideration is the fishing, so I'm hoping for the whole eight inches.

Unless we get another spell of high winds or another downpour, I would imagine that the river levels will return to something like normal within a few days. Not being local I have limited experience, but we had high river levels after storm Ciara in February and then unusually low levels, with some boats grounded on their moorings at low tide.

Hey Malcolm 

Have a lovely time, I hope the weather is good for you too

I've caught some nice Perch on the grassy bank opposite the houseboats, using worm and feeding with maggot (yuk)

Eight inches is a bit of an exaggeration :default_biggrin: And if you haven't worked it out by now I'll let you in on a secret, our Jenny Morgan is actually a man, he's good ship is called the Jenny Morgan. I made the same mistake when I joined. A nice guy too unless you mention National Parks :default_biggrin:

Oh and don't forget the lovely Wayford Bridge Inn, good food and a great pub x

• Like 1