Ops, I Did It Again

BrundallNavy

I'm not quite sure how it happened but I have gone and bought a PLASTIC boat.  Ok at least this one has a rag and stick but it is indeed all plastic not a scrap of Mahogany anywhere.

Im a bit of a novice when it comes to handling boats of this type so if you see me stuck in the reeds please don't be afraid to pull me out.

Doug.

image.jpeg

• Like 4

I once watched a BA Ranger demand a toll off a father who's toddler was playing in what was blatantly a blow-up beach-toy dinghy on the slipway at Burgh St Peter. I won't tell you where the justifiably irate father told the Ranger to put his boathook but not long after that the Ranger in question transferred to another department. The denizens of the rhond thought it highly amusing at the time but where actually is the cut off point between a boat and a toy? There are some really large models out there, certainly longer than an Optimist sailing dinghy, fairer tolls and all that old guff but surely a RC Laser wouldn't demand a toll, would it? Just a thought, having an electrical installation, would it require a safety certificate? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheQ said:

https://horning-sailing.club/rclaser.php

As you can see there is a sailing:Sailing group of them at Horning Sailing club which sail :Sailingon the River / Black Horse broad. (Wednesday Afternoons)

At 0.35SqM I think that comes into the minimum size for a sailing boat and would cost £40:hardhat:

I think it will be a while until I start racing I still can't work out which is left or right as it keeps changing :Sailing

Doug.

5 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Take a peep at this, at six foot six inches long she could easily be a radio controlled model. As it is a man is aboard rather than on the bank controlling it.

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/sailboats/70315d1336787012-minuet-yachts-2m-fun-boat-can-design-improved-international-2.4-meter.jpg

Actually that's an international 2.4 metre. The 2.4 is a reference to a measuring rule, not it's length. They are about 12 to 14ft long depending on how the designer interprets the rule.

There are at least 2 raced  at Wroxham and they occasionally come down to Horning to race.

3 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

I think it will be a while until I start racing I still can't work out which is left or right as it keeps changing :Sailing

Doug.

That's why sailors use port and starboard that doesn't change:Sailing

2 hours ago, Timbo said:

Now you see... There's a man with too much time on his hands and not enough mahogany...I'm sure I can do something about this! :naughty:

I. Had to get it to cheer me up after enduring open wallet surgery for a new diesel heater for Nipper, why are they twice as much as for a van !!!

Doug.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, brundallNavy said:

I. Had to get it to cheer me up after enduring open wallet surgery for a new diesel heater for Nipper, why are they twice as much as for a van !!!

Doug.

Did you check out the company that I bought RT 's from? Address on the box... About half the price :naughty:

I went for an MV airo in the end as its a dedicated marine heater and smaller in size than the equivalent Webasto. I looked at the Planar but the kit came with a lot of stuff I didn't need and without stuff I did, but the time I added it all up about £150 difference.

Doug.