Into The Final Week

Bob48

it's about this time of year i have to start to take the " calm down dear " bottle of rum , as we are now entering the final week before our trip , i say final week as by this time next week my dear wife will be counting the minutes until she finishes work , then home to pack the " wheelie case "  for the trip to Stalham via Norwich , Wroxham, Horning, and Ludham. We got bargains with out Train tickets , less than £55 for two returns , so we were well pleased with that .bus from Norwich is about £4 each , then into the  "Cherry Blossom Cafe" in Stalham for our " becoming a tradition " sausage roll and cuppa , before the gentle sprint to Richardsons' boat yard, then into reception , i don't know why i am writing all of this down actually, i'm sure some of you, or even most of you, get this same feeling , we are  looking forward to meeting some of you at Salhouse on the Friday, and may well meet some of you in Richardsons' reception. Suffice to say  " WE CAN'T WAIT " !  stay safe, see you soon.cheers  

• Like 5

Just now, deebee29 said:

Don't think that feeling ever goes away Bob (certainly hasn't for us after 30 odd years)

hope you have a great week

we are on our 5th holiday, our second full week and the first of two  this year , , when we first came in 2015 it was  raining stair rods , we both got soaked as we walked down to the boatyard , by the time we got there we  were both giggling like  6 year olds , then came the " will we like it or won't we "? , we did , even though we did get soaked , as far as my dear wife is concerned " it wouldn't be our holiday if we didn't get rained on at least once ". fell in love with the Broads, daft as it sounds  it feels like we are coming home . cheers

• Like 6

We have developed those same kind of "traditions" over a number of visits to the Broads, even though we have started from several different boatyards. Mostly they include cake, coffee and homemade fudge! :naughty:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SwanR said:

We have developed those same kind of "traditions" over a number of visits to the Broads, even though we have started from several different boatyards. Mostly they include cake, coffee and homemade fudge! :naughty:

Cake and fudge!:bow Oooh , save me some cheers

• Like 2

just less than 70 hours before we get on the train to Norwich,  a new thing for us this year to be included in the boat bag, a first aid kit. after my Mum hurt herself last year we are taking no risks this time out.cheers

• Like 5

i'm sorry i know i keep going on about it but the excitement is killing me , the good lady is  now on her way home from working her last shift , the bag is ready , only tomorrow left and then we'll be on our way :party:cheers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob48 said:

i'm sorry i know i keep going on about it but the excitement is killing me , the good lady is  now on her way home from working her last shift , the bag is ready , only tomorrow left and then we'll be on our way :party:cheers

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but all trains into Norwich tomorrow  will be cancelled due the wrong type of rain on the lines which is due overnight. cheersbar

Doug.

• Like 1

I still count the hours, even though I'm up on the Broads for many weeks during the year!

I hope you have a super time Bob and the weather is kind to you. Tell us all about it when you return, all the nitty gritty details.cheersbar 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I still count the hours, even though I'm up on the Broads for many weeks during the year!

I hope you have a super time Bob and the weather is kind to you. Tell us all about it when you return, all the nitty gritty details.cheersbar 

a full day by day report will be made once we return home, maybe even a few piccies if i can work out how to do it cheers

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Hi Bob

You're really not going to be able to sleep tonight, have a smashing time, looking forward to your report and photos the minute you get home will do please lol

Hope the weather is good to you

Grace

Grace i will do my absolute best to get it done the instant i get home , however i may need a cuppa first , it's quite a train ride from Norwich to Peterborough, and like good wine i don't travel well. as for not sleeping this evening, you're absolutely right .

stay safe cheers

• Like 4