A Sad Sight At Pye's Mill

vanessan

7 minutes ago, diesel falcon said:

went past this at the weekend ,it,s a bathtub ex hire boat, named liberator (thinks that,s the name)

From the info I have that names correct , shame really as obviously someone's boat and possibly home :44_frowning2: 

4 minutes ago, w-album said:

Looks similar to the one at Potter that always has a light on................... That's a big chunk of mooring taken up and was hoping to stop there this Sunday!!!

Not sure I would risk it. It seems an unlucky mooring for boats sinking or catching fire. I wonder if there is a particularly aggressive platoon of gribble worm lurking under the surface? 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:09, JanetAnne said:

Not sure I would risk it. It seems an unlucky mooring for boats sinking or catching fire. I wonder if there is a particularly aggressive platoon of gribble worm lurking under the surface? 

2 hours ago, dnks34 said:

I think im with you JanetAnne not sure I would want to risk mooring up there either, something or possibly someone must be a bit jinxed as things keep occuring in that area.  Rather odd but Im happy to be corrected. 

I'm not sure if those comments were a bit tongue in cheek or serious but I'll say this.

We went down there once, and won't be returning soon. There was something just wrong , just a feeling, can't explain it, but haven't felt it anywhere else on the broads.

I feel a bit bad about saying that, I know some people love it, so if you've not been to Pyes Mill/ Lodden, have a look, make your own mind up.

We love it down there and have moored at Pyes Mill on a number of occasions. The Chet is a beautiful river and Loddon is a good place for stocking up on bits and pieces with having a Co-op up at the top of the high street when last I was there. It's also very often full in the Basin and the Common makes for a good back-up mooring. Hubby has fished quite happily from there as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I agree Jean. For an overnight mooring, I prefer it to the basin because it's quieter and an easy and scenic walk to town. 

Just make sure the cattle is in a friendly mood or you may benefit from wearing running shoes!

16 hours ago, Wyndham said:

I'm not sure if those comments were a bit tongue in cheek or serious but I'll say this.

We went down there once, and won't be returning soon. There was something just wrong , just a feeling, can't explain it, but haven't felt it anywhere else on the broads.

I feel a bit bad about saying that, I know some people love it, so if you've not been to Pyes Mill/ Lodden, have a look, make your own mind up.

I was refering to the boatyard on the basin side of the river, things seem to get dumped at pyes mill from there . 

Ive not noticed any weird feelings in that area myself but on the basis of what gets left there and the sort of person capable of doing that I dont want that type having access to my property so I would not stay there on that basis. 

Appologies if in this instance im wrong and someones pride and joy sank for genuine reasons.