Will It Be A Bumper Year?

Meantime

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

I had black velvet flares and a pair of burgundy crushed velvet flares and  Ben Sherman shirts back in the day. I guess we all thought we were dashing:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

Any pics? :default_norty: Just talking to my dad about what he wore back in the day, he fondly remembers Ben Sherman in shades of lemon and pink :facepalm:Dashing is one word for it, did anyone not just wear denim cut offs and crop tops? :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Any pics? :default_norty: Just talking to my dad about what he wore back in the day, he fondly remembers Ben Sherman in shades of lemon and pink :facepalm:Dashing is one word for it, did anyone not just wear denim cut offs and crop tops? :default_norty:

Grace

Hi Grace, 

Some of my mates at the time wore denim jeans and denim tops, others wore suits (in Sheffield the trend tended to be Barney Goodman suits loads of padding in the shoulders) one mate had a coat he called his rug, it was dark brown and looked as if he had taken it off of a bears back. If I have any pictures of the era I would have to scan them.

Regards

Alan

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about.

Mohair suits, Afghan coats, suede beetle crushers? :default_blink:

:default_biggrin:

You young bloods missed out on so much! The 60's was an exciting time to grow up, both fashion and music wise. Wasn't always clear whether you were chatting up a bloke or a bird though! This 2011 poster is not untypical of the time.

371c94aba1f8a8679a6fcc5b5388115f--mod-fa

18 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

You young bloods missed out on so much! The 60's was an exciting time to grow up, both fashion and music wise. Wasn't always clear whether you were chatting up a bloke or a bird though! This 2011 poster is not untypical of the time.

371c94aba1f8a8679a6fcc5b5388115f--mod-fa

Looking at the state of the 'women' and the 'fashion' I think I had a lucky escape :default_biggrin: 

3 minutes ago, Islander said:

Jay, you don't know what you missed. The Twiggy look, the mini. Ooooh, time for my medication.

Coiln:default_drinks:

Maybe, bit too stick thin for me personally, but one thing I do know is when you can't spell your own name it's time to put the beer down :default_biggrin:

I haven't even started yet, hick, but the music and the girls were discovering a new freedom. Having said that I do like these new leggings but not in OVER rounded girls. 

Back to the medication!

Colin:default_drinks:

Forgot to add, I spelt it right this time... I think:default_biggrin:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Vaguely, but Brentwood had a fur shop in the arcade for that done leather and sheepskins.

Brentwood also had the "posh" pubs and I recall one of the first themed steak restaurants on the road form Romford to Brentwood. A typical meal was: prawn cocktail, steak well done & black forest gateau; you were then herded into the coffee lounge so they could get the next cover at the table.   

18 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

ooooooooooh I'm in love!

I bet she is bloody awful from the front though MM

15 hours ago, VetChugger said:

I'm going to be the miserable stick in the mud here! I really don't think that photo should be here!

Your probably correct. I should have started a new thread for it. 

It definitely deserves one to itself. It would be massive.

15 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Chuffin Eck, that Lady in the pink, that was some camera shot that was, I bet it was a wide angle lense eh?  :default_icon_e_surprised:  :default_norty:

Griff

I bet Grendel finds it easier to shoot Independence this weekend than the challenges this photographer faced.

15 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Why ever not, she is 'broad', exceedingly so!

The term is bootyful, I mean beautiful, sorry

I love the way threads wander. We start with the economic outlook for the coming season, and two pages later we're reminiscing about 60's fashions, while considering the merits of leggings on those who shouldn't EVER be wearing them. :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Regulo said:

I love the way threads wander. We start with the economic outlook for the coming season, and two pages later we're reminiscing about 60's fashions, while considering the merits of leggings on those who shouldn't EVER be wearing them. :default_biggrin:

JM was explaining to me how much I missed out on regarding the 60's fashion and music.

He hasn't convinced me yet although I am sorry for my contribution to derailing the thread.

Now in the 90's we had style icons like these 

downloadfile.jpg.17713fe9867ef4b800c88e86f24621eb.jpg