Horning Boat Show

Paws

Did anyone the flying advert this morning towed by what looked like a gyro copter it was too far to get a good picture. 

It was flying round yesterday but i didn’t see the advert flying behind.

It was from the little shop at Womack.Think sadly they don't do them any more I also have a polo.

The shop used to be run by the same people who had a printing / embroidery business.
The printing / embroidery business is now in Stalham I believe.
No idea if they’re still doing them though.

Ian and I are at the Horning Boat Show and it is buzzing. Weather could not be better. Lunch at The New Inn, very busy. We bumped into Lulu plus hubby. Thanks to Stuart, nice to meet you and for our table top you have made for us and of course we had to say Hi to our dear son Alan.???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As Lulu said we spotted one another,also saw Stu,Alan was working also Robin.The weather very good hot.Seems to be more at the show this year.Lunch at the New Inn.busy.Just come away from Wroxham heading to Potter.Thimk a lolly or icecream.

A few pics.

Alan and Marina. If you have not been to the show before give it a go next time always enjoy it.

Ian 

20180505_121040.jpg

20180505_115047.jpg

20180505_111852.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Afternoon all, I hope you enjoyed the show, certainly the sailing club had record numbers of visitors. 15 large cakes were divided into portions and sold, along with tea coffee burgers, sausages and and array of other stuff.

The try sailing boats were fully in use all day..

I'm extremely tired, acting as gate guard, or  rounder up of visitors.

Time for a rest...

• Like 2

Q it was quite possibly you who very kindly helped  me over the pontoon bridge 

to the club, I was in a wheel chair but you helped me walk over the bridge, if not

you thank whoever it was please very kind and helpful.:default_icon_cool:  I saw  Alan but no

one  else ap[art from Boaters i n passing.. 

We had a wonderful day. Arrived about 10:30 and used the shuttle from Bewilderwood. Spent a good while chatting with Broads Beat, finally signed up for the 'green book' and talked to Peachments about our recent failure of a Victron charger and new engines. Walked to the riverside part of the show but were unable to get the the sailing club as Ruth's arthritis was not going to let us cross that bridge twice. Eventually made our way back to the recreation ground and a rest back at BB. Had a further chat with Amy. Decided to move on to Wroxham for a look round Norfolk Marine where I found Boulters were £20 cheaper for the same 110Ah battery. Back home to Norwich after an excellent day.

Next trip out will be the Museum of the Broads jumble next Sunday.

Colin:default_drink_2:

• Like 1

Springsong, if it was  tall thin as a rake man helping you across, it was Kevin Saunders, chairman of the 3 rivers race committee. If it was someone older, heavier and losing his hair it was me. Kevin does read the web site but I'll let him know anyway.

Islander, when we have a public event, any special club event or a disabled club member arrives, just behind the metal bridge, we set up the pontoon floating bridge. With assistance a wheelchair can get across, some did, many prams and a couple of electric chariots also went over yesterday. So we can get you afloat even if you don't go for a sail!!!!:default_biggrin: please visit next time we will get you across...

Our regatta week 30th July-3rd August is an open event, you would be welcome come down and visit then. You could ask for Q but I'll probably be out on the river in a rescue boat except lunch time. Come sit in the sun out at the front of the club and age a cup of tea.

The tide dictates the slope of the onto and off of the pontoon, but there are handrails.

I did see some fuzz come in my direction but whether or not it was wild I don't know. They turned away before they reached me anyway.

I did see some extremely good motor boat driving during the set up, two big motor boats came down river tied side by side. When they approached the Swan Green they slowed, the boats spun round, and reversed straight in between two other boats. No sound of bow thrusters. It shows the skill of a broads boatman controlling that lot from one motorboat.

The club and almost all other sailing clubs hold a try sailing day each year even if not attached to a boat show. If there is no boat show next year we will still hold the open day..

Hopefully we'll get a few new club members and new trainee's ( children and adults) for our sailing we have both dinghies and keelboats for training. I believe they can arrange powerboat training. You have to join the club, plus there are small fees for the training.

I spent some time discussing the club,  it's history, our fees,  our sailing school with various visitors. As well attracting people in for the sailing, tea and cake.

And finally I'd like to thank all those who thanked me for the visit, many more did so this year than before...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Q, we are now much the wiser and will make the effort. It was just the thought of having to cross the bridge twice and then back up the hill for the shuttle. We still enjoyed watching those having a trial sail. We may well be able to attend your regatta even to just watch and drink tea.

Colin:default_drink_2:

Nice to meet some of you. Had a quick chat with my colleagues then a cool beer on the riverside. Mrs W manged to buy some vintage seventies material so her day was made.

I am off for a few days now so catch up on my return.

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:33, Chelsea14Ian said:

As Lulu said we spotted one another,also saw Stu,Alan was working also Robin.The weather very good hot.Seems to be more at the show this year.Lunch at the New Inn.busy.Just come away from Wroxham heading to Potter.Thimk a lolly or icecream.

A few pics.

Alan and Marina. If you have not been to the show before give it a go next time always enjoy it.

Ian 

20180505_121040.jpg

20180505_115047.jpg

20180505_111852.jpg

Why does this bloke look scary!:default_hiding:

There was no presence of MBA Marine at the show, not even to walk round, next year just might be the year,  have been working hard learning much about electric propulsion systems (including how to make a Bewilderwood boat that motors at 3x the required speed, shall be turning down the wick very soon!!) and working alongside River bank boats have some very pretty offings on the way.

I might well come out of my antisocial skin a little and see y'awl at Horning next year.

• Like 3

If there is a show Next year, MBA, the show was meant originally to be bi-annual although they did three years on the run to start, they didn't have one last year.

Siddy, the flying object towing the banner I think was a weight shift microlight like this..Untitled_3_copy.jpg

It was accompanied by a biplane...

It's a shame that the Brundall boat show is close to the Horning boat show. We are based at Cove and would like to go to the Brundall boat show. Sadly unable will be up bank holiday weekend. Perhaps the powers to be could arrange a bit more of a gap between the two.