Fishing On The Norfolk Broads

It's the weekend again which can only mean one thing.... changeover time, so here's another plug for the group Fishing On The Norfolk Broads. The group is growing nicely now, so if you're on your jollies and plan on wetting a line, give us a look. There's a wealth of knowledge with tips, advice, where to fish, photos and general fishing discussion and banter. https://www.facebook.com/groups/271795936896909/

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Welcome Dave, but I have a suggestion. Hows about you advertising our fishing section on your facebook page, rather than advertising your facebook page here? Just a bit of common courtesy don't you know! 
I was directed to this forum to take a look and post the link to our fb group, so maybe you should show common courtesy and get facts right before commenting...?? However I will gladly share a link to here on our group if approached in the correct manor....

Our group was set up to help educate visiting anglers expand on their skills and fish care, in return for a little knowledge. And also for the more experienced and local guys to discuss fishing topics and for all to enjoy a bit of banter. Surely trying to protect fishing for the future and helping to protect the enviroment we all claim to love isn't a problem?

24 minutes ago, Fishermandave85 said:

I was directed to this forum to take a look and post the link to our fb group, so maybe you should show common courtesy and get facts right before commenting...?? However I will gladly share a link to here on our group if approached in the correct manor....

I think it all rather depends on who directed you to this forum. If it was an invitation from our admin team all well and good but I expect you would have mentioned that. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry that you both feel my post was "out of order" or discourteous but all I could see was someone join this forum and post what I see as nothing more than a blatant advertisement for another web page.

perhaps on reflection I should have said nothing and just pressed the "report button" (an option open to you both for my post) but I felt, and still feel that comment was warranted.

• Like 3

I believe it was a member of admin that directed me here. However I also believe there was a slight misunderstanding on my part, which we have cleared up over on the FB page. I didn't just join to plug our group I intend on being an active member offering help and advice where I can, I apologise if it looked that way, not knowing who I was. I didn't know NBN forum or even the app existed an hour or so ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'm sorry that you both feel my post was "out of order" or discourteous but all I could see was someone join this forum and post what I see as nothing more than a blatant advertisement for another web page.

perhaps on reflection I should have said nothing and just pressed the "report button" (an option open to you both for my post) but I felt, and still feel that comment was warranted.

I don`t think your post was unfreindly etc, though i would have changed the phrasing but only slightly.  Where you said "rather than", i would have put "as well as", so it would be making it a reciprocal request?. If you know what i`m trying to say?.

• Like 1

Perhaps if the members just got on with discussing topics and left any moderation to the moderators, fewer threads would descend into acrimony. The ‘report’ button enables members to bring to the moderators’ attention any post they might consider to be inappropriate, for whatever reason. NBN seems to have become ‘The Friendly Forum (for marketing purposes only)’, which is a huge shame.

Welcome to NBN, Fishermandave885.

• Like 4

I fully accept that on reflection I was too blunt so I apologise Dave.

You say you wish to be an active member here, Great. At least my questionable post started "Welcome", a sentiment which I repeat here and now. I hope we can put the rest of the post behind us.

• Like 4

I fully accept that on reflection I was too blunt so I apologise Dave.
You say you wish to be an active member here, Great. At least my questionable post started "Welcome", a sentiment which I repeat here and now. I hope we can put the rest of the post behind us.
Apology accepted and again sorry for putting my foot in it, I think I had my wires crossed anyway regarding posting the ad, so yes let's just move on from this. Thanks for the welcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1