Easter Afloat

2 hours ago, SteveDuk said:

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I've been sat at the upper helm with a cup of tea trying to work out how to do a time-lapse photo on my action cam but I've given up so he's a couple that I just took with my phone.

Absolutely right Steve. Sat having a coffee in the sunshine myself right now

20190416_090121.thumb.jpg.3309c346d6e0a67ee5fbd0174508af9d.jpg

1 hour ago, SteveDuk said:

I know that some older versions of Gnome don't see .JPG, .AVI, ,MP4 etc files as multimedia in the same way they do .jpg, .avi, .mp4 etc. Maybe android is the same?

Well yeah, Android and iOS are Unix-like operating systems so it seems logical. Really the app ought to be able to handle either, though.

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

That's looks very TFI ish Mr Fire Sir. Did they sting you for 10 quid? 

You are correct Mr Nog it was TFI although I have moved on now.

Nope, their moorings are free, at least for now... :default_ohmy:

1 hour ago, SteveDuk said:

@Jayfire I'm sure I was onboard, where did you see us?

We are back in Horning now.

You know now after our phone conversation :default_biggrin: but saw you at How Hill but couldn't really see through the windows due to the sunshine.

Sorry our paths aren't crossing but hope to meet up in future when we possibly can.

Have a great time mate

We got a bit of time afloat today....

IMG_1650.JPG

I did mention that to the Mrs that i was looking forward to a week on Thunder next month but apparently that sort of talk is banned until we get home.......

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

• Like 3

I got up this morning and the moon was just above the horizon so I got the action cam out determined to work out the time lapse thing. With help from Youtube I got it working only to find that by then the moon had gone, Doh!

Anyway, it's now set up to catch the sunrise so watch this space :default_smile:

This sort of reminds me of when we went to Egypt. We'd heard how glorious the sunrise was over Abu Simbel so to get there we set of at about 2.00 am for a short flight. Arriving at Abu Simbel we set up our tripods and cameras facing the temple and waited. Sure enough the sun eventually rose, behind us. And when I say 'us' I mean a crowd of about 100 people, some had flown, some had come by coach, all facing the wrong way.

At least this time I am facing the right way :default_blush:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Katiew said:

Great pic! I'm just having morning brew in the sun at PH- do love this quiet time of the day :default_smile:

Which boat are you on Katie???

39 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

There are few things in life nicer to look at than a freshly cleaned "pring"

Pring cleaning on a beautiful pring day, whilst listening to the gentle ripples of a pring running by and the pringsong of the birds would be heavenly I'd imagine.

10 minutes ago, grendel said:

eating a tube of Pringles maybe?

Yes I think that would definitely top it. I hope there wasn't a pringer spaniel running around though.

4 minutes ago, Katiew said:

Now, what to do with the sunny afternoon :default_winko:

I would have come given you a hand if I knew which boat you was on :default_icon_liar:

Or buy you a beer, but unfortunately I have just left my mooring :default_biggrin: