Tubbs

Tubbster

Depends what you’re after , if it’s a traditional wooden boat then Martham boats , if a more modern craft then Richardson’s are as good as anywhere and have prices for all pockets , if you would rather be on the Southern Broads then Pacific cruisers are excellent as well as Freedom cruisers .

Remember you often get what you pay for so if you go for the cheapest boat then you will get an older vessel do also consider how many berths you need as a boat double isn’t your normal king or even queen sized bed 

Alternatively, give Bridgecraft at Acle a call, they have a very wide selection of styles and size etc, and are a really nice family run yard. You also get welcome packs for your arrival, we did when we went with them twice, and would definitely go back with them again.  Totally agree with the post re Freedom and Pacific, though i believe Silverline are good, but maybe a bit more expensive.

We have hired from most of the yards on the Northern Broads over the years and our yard of choice now is Richardson's. You will get an exceptionally clean interior to the boat at a very competitive price.

Depending on the time if year that you hire, towards the back end of the year the exteriors of the boats can get a bit scuffed and scruffy but that is just the wear and tear of a season on hire. 

4 hours ago, grendel said:

also consider some yards are all in, fuel etc included, and others add a fuel surcharge which you get paid back for any you dont use, so the price you see isnt always comparing apples with apples

Yes, Freedoms prices are all in prices, so no hidden extras. 

Hi Tubbster, If you want a boat immaculate inside or out at any time in the season then I really think your only choice is between Summercraft  at Wroxham, Silverline who are at Brundall or Bridgecraft at Acle Bridge. Put up with a few scuffs on the outside and any other yard should be fine. All depends on your budget, expectations and requirements. As choice I would choose one of the smaller yards for the personal touch and if anything does go wrong you will probably be dealing with the owner direct.

Fred

• Like 1

If you want a Friday or Saturday start I would look no further than Pacific Cruisers at Loddon. They are a family owned business with a small fleet of varying styles and sizes of boat, you are sure to find something suitable. They range from older more traditional boats to the newest most modern designs but whichever you choose you can be sure it will be immaculately presented, well maintained and offered at the best price available. 

If you want a different start day, or duration other than whole weeks I would look at Freedom Boats. They are also a small family run business and offer a range of different styles and sizes of boats but allow you to choose and start day and duration.

• Like 2

If you want to start I. wroxham NBD are worth a look see. 

Not all yards check the mechanicals of their boats between hires. Useful for end of season hiring. 

No frills woodies Martham Boats all the way all day and on Sunday . Incredible friendly and flexible hired from them for decades.

M

20 hours ago, trambo said:

Hi Tubbster, If you want a boat immaculate inside or out at any time in the season then I really think your only choice is between Summercraft  at Wroxham, Silverline who are at Brundall or Bridgecraft at Acle Bridge. Put up with a few scuffs on the outside and any other yard should be fine. All depends on your budget, expectations and requirements. As choice I would choose one of the smaller yards for the personal touch and if anything does go wrong you will probably be dealing with the owner direct.

Fred

The Silverline boats always appear to be really well turned out. But unfortunately for us, all of their boats that we would like to hire are pet free which means that we can't really hire from them as for us being on holiday involves Sydney our little dog.

• Like 1