It Couldn't Be....is It......

NorfolkNog

Well an early start this morning and up with the tide from Stracey arms to potter arriving just about the same time as all thevherby woods boats for handover, moored up opposite the bridge to their yard, and phoned Marthams to take me through, cup of coffee while I waited, and watched the chaos. Through the bridge and moored up ant it was time to go to Latham's and then breakfast at bridgestones, breakfast over and a leisurely cruise up to deep dyke moorings for a catch my breath and chill moment.

• Like 6

I'd have come to see you but I've broken down. Nothing major I hope, probably  just the impeller, but I'm back at the pleasure boat.

Things were all going well as I was crossing Hickling when I saw one of Marthams yachts being pulled off the  mud mid broad but way outside the channel. The boat doing the pulling was I think, Marthams rescue boat, but it was struggling. I drifted up to assist and between the pair of us, we freed the yacht. Sadly, whilst all this was going on, my temp alarm went off so I too was being towed  back to the pub. Hey ho!

Am awaiting a friend of mine to replace the impeller and check everything else out. I checked the weed filters and they seem to be clean. 

57 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'd have come to see you but I've broken down.

That happened a long time ago!

57 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Am awaiting a friend of mine to replace the impeller and check everything else out. I checked the weed filters and they seem to be clean. 

Could it be a plug of mud on the water intake? Had that happen when I first got Sunbird at Loddon. Low tide left her sitting in the mud. Soon cleared, but had us guessing for a bit!

Drat, I just had tea at the pleasure boat, if I had known you were on board I would have knocked. I am now back at white slea mooring for the night, pack up, clean up and hand Jayne 2 back in the morning.

When I looked across at NYX there was no sign of habitation.

well I have downloaded my pictures so I will add a selected selection here.

lest work backwards, the moon as seen from White slea mooringsIMG_1475.JPG

chaos at herbert woods entrance (the entrance is on the right of this photo) I have cropped the photo to hide the boat name, and the gent on the boat behind is wearing sunglasses to hide his identity so I think this is just within the TOS.IMG_1430.jpg

Sunset at Stracey Arms

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

sunday before departure at BecclesIMG_1383.JPG

some from Beccles on Saturday

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

some from the cruise in company from Oulton to Beccles

an encounter with sailiesIMG_1360.JPG

queuing to get pastIMG_1359.JPG

nicely spacedIMG_1357.JPG

getting ready to leave Oulton after circling for picturesIMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

circling Oulton Broad

IMG_1346.JPG

Luna Aurora as camera boatIMG_1339.JPG

wine and cheese party taxi rankIMG_1335.JPG

ringside seats for the power boat racing, while waiting for the end of the race to proceed.IMG_1280.JPG

moored at Oulton Broad Yacht StationIMG_1073.JPGIMG_1072.JPG

arrivals

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

• Like 10

finally a few more interior shots of jayne 2 (she now has hopper type windows, the other one has sliding windows (that to quote Martham, always leaked.

IMG_0957.JPGIMG_0956.JPG

good strong bilge pumpIMG_0955.JPG

interior shots (excuse the mess) bedding stows nicely behind the removable seat back

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

• Like 7

On 11/08/2019 at 17:13, grendel said:

despite me stopping off to help some poor boaters who were stranded in the reeds, they waved and called, having just waved to the two boats in front and received a friendly wave in return, it turned out their outboard had stopped working and they wanted a tow back to the waveney river centre. I did point out as a hire boat I shouldn't really tow them but I took off the two non swimmers and gave them a bow and stern rope to tow alongside

when I returned to Marthams I let them know I had helped out some distressed sailors, expecting to get told off as a hir boat shouldnt tow, instead I got a well done you from the staff. they were also grateful for the comprehensive snagging list i provided as Jayne 2 was heading out again on hire later that day, they were straight on it sorting the 6 minor issues I had reported.

• Like 2

I am not normally a fan of forward helms but I love it on this boat. I think that I might have a short break on her myself sometime, probably all above the bridge, whereas I was thinking that Tumblehome would fit the bill.

• Like 1