Luna’s Log

Lulu

Forgive me if you've been up to Dilham or Coltishall in the past but if you haven't had that pleasure the cruise to Coltishall is stunning, one of my favourite places on the whole of the system. The water is so clear you can see the fish, King Kingfishers are in abundance. It's untouched and so very peaceful. Then, of course, you have some lovely pubs at and near the Common itself. 

If you get a chance go up to the end of navigation at the lock, an absolute delight x

• Like 7

Thank you everyone. We pick her up tomorrow and take her back to the marina. Mermaid is obviously a very different type of boat from Luna.  Got to remember theres more boat behind to think about and being so much lower down will take some getting used to.  I understand we will have a good view of the reeds from now on!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Just now, MargeandParge said:

I think the Safaris go under Potter better than others due to their beam.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

Let’s not run before we can walk 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Let’s not run before we can walk 😂

Well, Sam. A CnC up there then. Even I’ve gone under there, albeit there’s only been two suitable tides since I bought Springer’s Retreat, but ever hopeful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Well, Sam. A CnC up there then. Even I’ve gone under there, albeit there’s only been two suitable tides since I bought Springer’s Retreat, but ever hopeful.

Let’s try Wroxham first …. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Glad you brought mermaid as I was seriously considering having a look at her as I’m on the look out for a Hampton Safari but realistically I’m not ready to buy one but would have been very tempted ! 

so you ounce saved me the hard decision 😊

Enjoy your travels on her. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Er, can someone explain the phrase "go under Potter"? Surely not cruisers fitting under Potter Heigham Bridge in 2024?:default_biggrin:

Oh ye of little faith. Water will be low sometime in March! (???) Has been for the last two years. Just have to be there on the right day.  

And if that prediction (guess, wishful hope) is right, I’ll apply for a job at the Met office. 

• Like 2