Tudor's Travels

JanetAnne

I have a certain skill in photo to map interpretation (comes in very useful for the work I do and have always done), Google maps and streetview are very useful tools, once I had identified the tall building in the background, the rest came easily (especially when I remembered Emily B had come in through the lock, it gave me a location to start my search.)

11 hours ago, grendel said:

I would guess from the company, it was somewhere the wrong side of the lock at Oulton Broad, lake lothing?

I did think that, but i thought Lake Lothing was nowhere near as big as that?.  That`s why i thought on the orwell or somewhre, though getting down there in a broads cruiser would be highly unlikely, unless you can garuntee the salty stuff will be like a mill pond for a few days?.

2 minutes ago, grendel said:

was that what caused the bang and engine stop?

I know naff all about engines Peter, but I'm pretty sure that it explains RT's lack of power and lack of steerage going astern. I can't help but think it wouldn't have done a fifty odd year old engine a lot of good?