Horses . . . Lots Of 'em!

Regulo

Just back from our two-weeker (good, thanks for asking), and noticed a large amount of fields that were previously full of cattle are now full of horses. Is this a diversification for our livestock farmers, does anyone know? Where do they all end up? France? Just curious.

3 hours ago, DaveRolaves said:

There have been horses in the fields by the side of the new cut for over 2 years now. In Total well over 100. I think that many are looked after by the horse charity Redwings.

Together with the approval and the involvement of the Broads Authority. Part of a marsh conservation program.  I am not a horse person, other than our daughter had one which I disliked and it disliked me. Intently. It was mutual. I hated it with a passion.

However. The thing looked the part. Well fed, well groomed and loved the vet. As did the vet love it.

As for the horses on the marsh one has to say they all seem to look magnificent. Long may they stay there. But not in my paddock!

Old Wussername

5 hours ago, Wussername said:

I am not a horse person, other than our daughter had one which I disliked and it disliked me. Intently. It was mutual. I hated it with a passion.

Horses have two ends, one bites, the other kicks. 

As regards the Tesco lasagne scandal I'm not sure which is the most worrying. The fact that amounts of equine DNA in the mince was above allowable limits, or that there is an allowable limit in the first place.

• Like 1