Mooring At Waveney River Centre

BITTERNBOY

1 hour ago, Bytheriver said:

We have visitor moorings too. Stock up on supplies in our shop, cool down in our swimming pool and enjoy and evening meal in our restaurant. FREE to stay during the day £12 overnight serviced non-mooring £20 overnight serviced mooring with electric and water From their Twitter page (Aug 2019)

Wow!!! Does that include red carpets? 

2 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

With the £20 overnight charge does this include the swimming pool use , does anyone know ?

No, i think everyone pays to use the pool. Looking at their charges the £20 on the new pontoon includes water and electric so i dont think its too bad now. Will use it for visits over the winter.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, petersjoy said:

No, i think everyone pays to use the pool. Looking at their charges the £20 on the new pontoon includes water and electric so i dont think its too bad now. Will use it for visits over the winter.

Thank you , £20 for pontoon with water and electric seems about the going rate on the South , I believe Oulton side on on the pontoon is £18.50 now 

I recently watched one of Russell's VLOG's (The Admiral) where he paid £12 for mooring at WRC  (June 19) however he received a full refund as he was on a hire boat (showers etc would be payable however). My understanding was that boatyards who are members of the broads hire boat federation have to offer to some free moorings to each others member boats as a reciprocal arrangement.

Neil

• Like 2

On 20/09/2019 at 18:35, DaveRolaves said:

The moorings at boathouse Quay on the starboard bank of the Waveney when heading towards Beccles are worth a visit.£8 per night when we last moored there in July.

Where exactly is Boathouse Quay, we've done the Waveney lots of times, but never seen it?. 

• 2 weeks later...

Boat house quay are the moorings on the Waveney on the Starboard bank just before the Beccles sailing club on the port bank as you are travelling towards Beccles. There are a few boats permantly moored there. Also a rather good riverside property at the end of the moorings.

• Thanks 1

We booked a room at the Inn at WRC the weekend before last. On Saturday night  there were only 2 WRC hire cruisers with no one on them, 2 small private cruisers and 1 yacht in the mooring basin. No hire federation boats. From what I could see there is no charge for hire federation boats. (Mooring only).