The Big 60

ExSurveyor

11 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

The week long celebrations have finished.

Brother Barry and I have reached the big 60.

Free prescriptions and a bus pass.

We both got a bowel cancer test kit from the NHS on the same day. :default_rofl:

IMG-20191201-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20191201-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20191211-WA0000.jpg

Hi Mark,

You look like a couple of book ends.

You end up taking that test every few years, also take the aorta scan if they offer it to you.

In Sheffield the bus pass is now 62/63 and rising before you can apply for one, my guess being as Griff is in South Yorkshire it will be the same. Usually there is a site where you can put in your details to find out when you can apply for one.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timbo said:

It's twenty days, I think, to my 54th birthday. For the past few years I've received brochures for 'holidays for the over fifties' on the run up to Christmas and my birthday. This year I've only been sent funeral plan brochures! :default_dry:

Hi Tim,

I bet you are looking forward to the chairlift details coming through the door.

Regards

Alan

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Timbo said:

It's twenty days, I think, to my 54th birthday. For the past few years I've received brochures for 'holidays for the over fifties' on the run up to Christmas and my birthday. This year I've only been sent funeral plan brochures! :default_dry:

That reminds me, I was expecting loads of stuff from Saga when I turned 50 in May but I didn’t get anything.  I feel left out now :(

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lulu said:

That reminds me, I was expecting loads of stuff from Saga when I turned 50 in May but I didn’t get anything.  I feel left out now :(

I was getting stuff from Saga when I was 47.  I phoned them for a quote for car insurance and when I told them my date of birth,  they said I wasn't old enough.  It gave me great pleasure to ask why they'd sent me their literature if I wasn't  eligible.  😉😉

• Like 2

Just popped in to see who had turned 60 and it's my neighbour, Psychic! Well done mate. Welcome to the "Some things are free but not always what you need" club.

Forget the bus pass; if you haven't already got one you'll probably never have one. I won't due to the curse of 1957: At 15 I was looking forward to getting a motorbike on my next birthday when they changed the law, and I could only have a moped. At 24 I was looking forward to cheap car insurance at 25, when that was abolished. At 49 I heard Tony Blair announce: "Anyone under 50 will probably have to work until they're 70". At the moment I'm due to get my bus pass at 67 which will be January 2024. So my prediction is that bus passes will be history by the Autumn of 2023 at the latest.:default_icon_cry:

Use the test kit; it could save your life. Last March I failed the test. I'll spare everyone the details here but I'm happy to report the result of the process showed no sign of the dreaded BC. Not only that, they'll keep an even closer eye on me from now on. :default_eusa_dance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lulu said:

It is very important that, as one gets older, one doesn't feel excluded by society so I have just forwarded your email addy to Saga requesting information on any and all services they offer.

No, no need to thank me, just pleased to be able to do my help the aged bit :default_smiley-angelic002:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

It is very important that, as one gets older, one doesn't feel excluded by society so I have just forwarded your email addy to Saga requesting information on any and all services they offer.

No, no need to thank me, just pleased to be able to do my help the aged bit :default_smiley-angelic002:

That is so kind of you.....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

thats funny, I have just submitted Jays to the Babysitting Service :default_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...