Nice Day On The Yare Yesterday

Jbx5

I had a nice run out on the river yesterday. The weather was perfect as the wind from Saturday and Sunday had relented.

It was quite busy at the usual spots  Bramerton etc, even mudweighting it was had to get a spot.  Empty at the Ferry house though!

A bit of wild swimming in the broad (sooner  him than me!)

John

513FDEAB-004A-4061-B242-F9AF7F676532.jpeg

53C85475-325F-4794-9878-94F56BEE6C88.jpeg

ED986606-B0C1-4007-8C17-3298D47FF9BB.jpeg

7FBCBE2E-569A-4224-AF14-56993B6D1094.jpeg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Empty at the Ferry house though!

I suppose all pub moorings are out of bounds until the establishments reopen on some basis. A boat moored outside would be a great place for eating a takeaway option. 

Lovely photos by the way. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwanR said:

A boat moored outside would be a great place for eating a takeaway option. 

Don't try that outside the Waters Edge though!  :default_icon_e_surprised:

Shoulder of Mutton at Strumpshaw are doing takeaways for grub and beer but a bit far from the river. 

8 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Don't try that outside the Waters Edge though! 

Oh I only meant to eat a takeaway bought there if the pub was offering that option as some are at the moment. Not to randomly moor outside to eat something bought somewhere else.  :)

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Oh I only meant to eat a takeaway bought there if the pub was offering that option as some are at the moment. Not to randomly moor outside to eat something bought somewhere else.  :)

Might be borderline if it's allowed but nice thought. You would think the Ferry at Surlingham would be ideally placed for some sort of takeaway. Some pubs are even doing deliveries too. 

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

the moorings and garden are out of bounds.

This applies to all pubs, so yes, you would have to collect and consume elsewhere as things stand now. I assume they would include land based trade too, not just water bourne traffic. They would just need to arrange a serving point and social distancing etc. There are a few pubs doing this now and they seem very well organised. Help to keep them afloat if you'll excuse the pun. Admiral are one of the few good guys among the Pub Co's and along with Adnams are not demanding rent during lock down. 

Must be the only syndicate boat out Matt as the Brundall ones were all sat on their moorings. Are you just using as a day boat?
John

Yes, day boating only but at 240 miles round trip it won’t be often!

Silver Cloud was out for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

This applies to all pubs, so yes, you would have to collect and consume elsewhere as things stand now. I assume they would include land based trade too, not just water bourne traffic. They would just need to arrange a serving point and social distancing etc. There are a few pubs doing this now and they seem very well organised. Help to keep them afloat if you'll excuse the pun. Admiral are one of the few good guys among the Pub Co's and along with Adnams are not demanding rent during lock down. 

The Lion at Thurne was doing this very well and I think you can now order online.

My pint of beer was served in a plastic milk carton :-)

• Like 1

A pub not too far away from me here in the Lake District, I have not been there myself so I cannot comment on the setup/hygiene etc, nor do I agree/disagree with it just thought it might be interesting. It has been approved by the local powers that be!.

99414315_327588014914081_8120220931101556736_n.jpg

101086492_1609411395875089_3791176007365427200_n.jpg

101162692_536516460351911_5579648042081976320_n.jpg

101542474_250813292926606_995424461157040128_n.jpg

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes, day boating only but at 240 miles round trip it won’t be often!

Silver Cloud was out for the day.

Were you on Thunder Matt? think we let on to you once or twice we were on Jemaki...

John.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The Lion at Thurne was doing this very well and I think you can now order online.

My pint of beer was served in a plastic milk carton :-)

My local had these wax lined cartons for take homes long before the lockdown however I have heard it said that the beer doesn`t taste the same, would anybody care to comment?

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

My local had these wax lined cartons for take homes long before the lockdown however I have heard it said that the beer doesn`t taste the same, would anybody care to comment?

Have to admit that, for me, the only place the ale tastes as it should is at the pub! Be it inside or outdoors! Daft and odd I know, but I had a couple of my favourite tipples by bottle in the garden (Kronenberg) and didn't really enjoy it at all! But that is just me!

2 minutes ago, VetChugger said:

Have to admit that, for me, the only place the ale tastes as it should is at the pub! Be it inside or outdoors! Daft and odd I know, but I had a couple of my favourite tipples by bottle in the garden (Kronenberg) and didn't really enjoy it at all! But that is just me!

I agree most beer's don't taste the same, the upshot is that I don't drink as much.

6 minutes ago, VetChugger said:

Agreed.

In much the same way fish and chips taste so much better at the coast.

8 hours ago, SwanR said:

I dont know Jean we can all rock up with our flask and sarnies and give them all an excuse to chase us off.  Could be fun.  :default_gbxhmm:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jbx5 said:

Must be the only syndicate boat out Matt as the Brundall ones were all sat on their moorings. Are you just using as a day boat?

John

Ranworth Breeze has also been out with local owners taking day trips only. Owners from further afield will have to wait until we are allowed to resume sleeping overnight on the boat.

Regards

Alan

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

Jemaki - how did you block that chaps face out please?       I am new to this blocking and cannot quite get it righ

Hi Hylander

I have a programme called iPhotoPlus4 its very old but it has its uses, it allowed me to pinch a section of the wall behind his head and stick it over. 

John.