Best Crab Lunch

FarmerTerryuk

Hi,

We have a week on the broads later this year, and we will be arriving a couple of days early to look round first.

My wife loves crab - where is the best crab restaurant in Norfolk / Suffolk please?

I realise that I will probably get as many suggestions as there are posters, but, hey - that's all to the good. :default_biggrin:

Thanks.......

Take your car and eat at Rocky Bottoms. It is between East and West Runton on the Coast Road just outside Cromer. The owners have their own boat. Absolutely the best.

• Like 3

As you are coming to Norfolk  before your time on the Broads try Cromer, plenty of places to get crab and it is always good. If in Hoveton as already said, get your crabs in Roys spermarket  and do it yourself, excellent value for money.

I wasn’t that impressed with my crab at the Nelson Head, Horsey, last year. Although fresh, it was the smallest crab I’ve ever had, hot potato with it, rather than potato salad and a not very inspiring side salad. I should add that most other meals I’ve had at the Nelson Head have been good, and the meals the rest of my family ordered were enjoyed.

8 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I wasn’t that impressed with my crab at the Nelson Head, Horsey, last year. Although fresh, it was the smallest crab I’ve ever had, hot potato with it, rather than potato salad and a not very inspiring side salad. I should add that most other meals I’ve had at the Nelson Head have been good, and the meals the rest of my family ordered were enjoyed.

But to put a positive spin on this... you had a better day than the crab had had. :-)

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Alternatively do what I do , pop into Roys of Wroxham where you can purchase excellent tasty fresh dressed crabs and have a homemade crab sandwich/salad aboard , large dressed crabs are £4:60

That's exactly what I did at the weekend and they were delicious, but then I made the mistake of going over the road and up the escalator and spending another £89 on a pair of trousers ,but hey the crab was great

17 hours ago, Graham47 said:

Four of us went to the crab house in Wells and enjoyed our evening. They offer a selection of platters.

Wow! Just looked at the menu. Looks fabulous. Obviously not cheap, but how often does one get a Norfolk crab lunch.

We'll definitely be trying The Crab House! Thanks.