Money

Tony07

Must admit have been using NFC and google pay on the phone, since this has started works further away from the terminal than a card. It also uses a spoof card number so no one can clone your card

Can you use PayPal?

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Don’t forget there are a few moorings and also water points where you have to pay. A mixture of needing some notes and coins and cashless. Whilst most are free it’s good to have all options open when it’s busy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Best carry a mixture of both cash & card and debit card not a credit card.

Why not credit card? I've not yet found a card payment where mastercard had any issue and if your card gets cloned you've not already lost the cash and have to reclaim, you just tell the card company and they cancel the payment.

I wouldn't rely on paypal being taken many places.

• Like 1

I am here at the moment, a lot of places can take cards and prefer that, a lot of the moorings take cash with the advice to wash your hands after taking change, so expect to need some cash at some point, salhouse seems to be cash, and the moorings at horsey and boat trip were both cash.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Why not credit card? I've not yet found a card payment where mastercard had any issue and if your card gets cloned you've not already lost the cash and have to reclaim, you just tell the card company and they cancel the payment.

I wouldn't rely on paypal being taken many places.

Some places do not like credit cards for very small amounts. I was asked yesterday when I offered the credit rather than the debit card. It used to be to do with the % charged but didn`t that all stop last year or before.

• Like 1

And remember with the new notes you can wash them just as easily as change, wash your change while you are washing your hands.

Then put it back in your pocket and look like you've pee'd yourself for the next two hours till the wet patch dries..... :default_biggrin:

Oh sorry you didn't wash your change did you..... :default_blush:

• Like 2

I did ask my local about transaction charges (they use izettle) and if one big tab at the end was better for them, they said it made no difference, I still run a daily tab and pay at the end as it's easier on the card statement (and scary as I now know how much I spend in the pub), they are happy for me to go off and have dinner/shower and reappear in the evening with the tab still running which is good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

And remember with the new notes you can wash them just as easily as change, wash your change while you are washing your hands.

Then put it back in your pocket and look like you've pee'd yourself for the next two hours till the wet patch dries..... :default_biggrin:

Oh sorry you didn't wash your change did you..... :default_blush:

Another reason for wearing black jeans rather than stone washed blue then, :default_biggrin:

• Like 1