New Member And New To Boating

Ruthie1970

24 minutes ago, BCKev11 said:

Graze white horse had good reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

Checked this out and does look nice but tried to reserve tonight and got a answer machine to say closed and call back tomorrow so will try in the morning.

Got a feeling my 50th is going to be something not to forget :default_icon_razz:

6 minutes ago, Tobster said:

Closest pub would be the Royal Oak

I'll stand to be corrected of course but isn't this now a pizza parlour? There's something like a British Legion but that will be members, Caxton Arms a bit further on. 

Ruling out a taxi or a long walk I'd have thought the Bear and Bells would be best bet. The Butchers Arms is an excellent pub but that IS a long walk!!! 

Thanks Tobster.
I don’t mind walking 10 to 15 mins but want something a bit decent for food and drinks for birthday?

Right next to the Bear & Bells I think there is an Italian Restaurant or you could could see if the swan house Restaurant is open both use to be a bit more up market.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Take it you mean the White Lion? Never been in but looks to have good reviews. Why not give them a bell? Ask what time they open and more importantly when they close as things vary now. They can probably recommend a taxi too. Book it  (taxi) as soon as you can to take you there and back. They could even drop you off at one of the places mentioned for a drink and its not far back to the yacht station. I don't think the taxi will be a fortune in the grand scheme of things. 

• Like 1

Hello Ruthie,

We called into the Swan House which is just up from the Church at Beccles, I had not seen it before. We had a couple of beers and watched as several platters went out to customers sitting outside. The food looked good. It might be an idea to give them a call.

I am sorry I do not have their number.

Regards

Alan

21 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

May not serve real ale

Don't think they do - for beer the Caxton Club is far and away the best bet but it's a members club - mind you they let me in :default_norty:

I've not been in the Wine Vaults personally but I've had recommendations from several sources. 

Ruthe - have a good time whatever you decide. If you have booked the White Lion and do decide not to go I'm sure that you'll ring them to let them know :91_thumbsup:

12 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Take it you mean the White Lion? Never been in but looks to have good reviews. Why not give them a bell? Ask what time they open and more importantly when they close as things vary now. They can probably recommend a taxi too. Book it  (taxi) as soon as you can to take you there and back. They could even drop you off at one of the places mentioned for a drink and its not far back to the yacht station. I don't think the taxi will be a fortune in the grand scheme of things. 

12 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Hi If you are talking about the road bridge just past the yacht station yes unless you try at low tide coming up to high at the moment check your air gap against bridge height no bridges after this one their are moorings at Lido ( closer to town centre) no electric or water and stern on, and if you were thinking taxi's wont want to pick up from the locks pub to night. John

25 minutes ago, Ruthie1970 said:

We are on our way to Beccles and noticed a low bridge ( old bridge ) which look like it’s to low for our boat , does this mean we can’t visit Geldeston? 

What's the height of your Boat Ruthie? Should be a plate near the wheel