Ludham Bridge

Mick64

15 hours ago, Maxwellian said:

I use this when on the broads to give me an idea of levels.

https://tides.willyweather.co.uk/ee/norfolk/reedham.html

Really depends if they are predictions updated daily or from the long term predictions 

One I look at to see what is happening out at sea is this one - It shows actual against predicted though of course does not show how much this is going to effect Broads tides as wind can have an effect as well. Whilst the north rivers seem not to be draining out especially in the more inland locations the south is near to normal in rise & fall albeit the highs are quite high. Even last weekend there was almost 1m rise & fall.

https://www.ntslf.org/data/realtime?port=Lowestoft

43 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

One of the issues with Ludham Bridge is the slope of the underside of the bridge there is almost a 3 inch (71 mm) Hight difference from one side to the other.

Didn't realise that, bit like Wayford. Wonder if that's why the board is a bit pessemistic? 

• Like 1

In response to my own prompt re ludham bridge, from the top to the concrete cills on the low side (ludham side) is 93 1/2" (7' 9 1/2") on the high side it's 99" (8' 3"), the high side cill is at this moment 2" above the water, and the low side 4" above the water, with the downstream board showing 7' 8" and the upstream board showing 7' 10" with the centre of the span averaged at 8' measured, this is I was told at low water - about 12.15pm on the 9th Oct.

The important fact is the cill to bridge measures won't change, so if both cills are visible there is a minimum of 8 foot clearance in the centre of the span, plus anything that the cills are above water level

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2