Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

In the event, another boat moored behind Luna before we got there. We were rather late, as we didn’t want to pass though Gt Yarmouth until about half an hour after slack water (we have found that water keeps flowing down the Bure after the flow on Breydon has turned). So it was getting on for 5pm when we went through Yarmouth, and probably around 7 or later when we passed Upton Dyke and waved at Sam and Graham.

It seems a lot busier up north than last week so, although there were wild moorings to be had, we ended up on our home mooring shortly before sunset. 

Originally we were going to have a pootle around this morning, maybe to St Benet's for a dog walk, but as we ended up on our home mooring last night we decided to get our refuel and pump out this morning (we can use the marina facilities for the rest of today and tomorrow). Then we can take the dogs to Caister on Sea for a walk either this morning or afternoon and make a start on packing and cleaning. 

• Like 1

We completed our packing and cleaning by just after midday and made our way to Stalham to join Kate on Springer's Retreat. Now moored at Fleet Dyke and will make our way to Ranworth tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3

Listen and watch out for what we think we heard and saw a few days ago,  at Fleet Dyke, a common crane. I thought it was a skinny ostrich. I took a terrible picture as I didn’t have my decent camera unfortunately 

IMG_2352.png

• Like 2

We had a lovely day at the NBN meeting yesterday. We managed to reach Ranworth in the nick of time, just as Broadband Grebe and Broad Ambition were setting off. We tucked in behind them and met the rest of the fleet coning down Ranworth Dam.

Our thanks to Nigel for the organisation and the fiendish quiz featuring lots of trick questions. The weather was perfect too, which helped. 

Thanks again to Kate for her hospitality.

• Like 3

Listen and watch out for what we think we heard and saw a few days ago,  at Fleet Dyke, a common crane. I thought it was a skinny ostrich. I took a terrible picture as I didn’t have my decent camera unfortunately 

we definitely saw cranes here the last 2 years I dint get a photo at all so well done 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Whoopee doopie! We will be starting our next trip on Moonlight Shadow tomorrow. Younger son Alec will be with us for this trip. Plus Seren and Pozzie, of course. We’ve done some packing, but not much. 5pm boat take over time doesn’t exactly spur one on to get away early, especially as we only have a two hour+ journey. Just as well, as I’m already in relaxed holiday mood. 

• Like 10

Thanks for the tip off Liz. Just checked my phone…no signal. HPC replaced their WiFi a few months back and we now have a nice strong signal whilst we are in the Marina.

The traffic wasn’t too bad apart from through Wroxham. We got here just before 5pm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

Thanks for the tip off Liz. Just checked my phone…no signal. HPC replaced their WiFi a few months back and we now have a nice strong signal whilst we are in the Marina.

The traffic wasn’t too bad apart from through Wroxham. We got here just before 5pm. 

You were about 20 minutes ahead of me but I came a cross country way via my favourite day flying moth site!!!!

• Like 1

By the way, Harry has kindly given us a loan of his paddle board. Mainly for Alec, but I’ve packed a swimming cosie this time, so might actually try it out. It would be nice to get under Bishop’s bridge on it. Last time Alec was with us we went to Norwich on a Monday, when the Japanese restaurant is shut. I’ve promised him that we’ll try to get there later in the week, maybe Tuesday,

I had been planning on going up to Wroxham tomorrow, to get up to Coltishall, but low tide is quite early, well before the pilot service starts up, so we are now thinking of going south tomorrow afternoon. Before that I have plans to walk into Acle to get Graham some ibuprofen. His right foot and lower leg are swollen. A (solidified) bag of cement rolled off the trailer onto his foot just over a week ago. His foot seems less swollen than it was, but his leg hasn’t gone down yet. 

• Like 1

Hi at least you arrived to the Boat safely and Serene can keep an out lookout in her usual sitting place around the Broads. Pozzick well he be having his Nap after doing an all-night duty for you all. May you all have a pleasant time on the Broads. I do hope Graham's Leg and foot get better and be able to relax on his walkabout again soon. 

• Like 2

Just now, LizG said:

I assume the water levels are high ( I haven't looked) as there was almost nothing moored above Wroxham Bridge as I drove over earlier 

Yes, I noticed that too when we went under the bridge. Another reason for our change of plan.

We’ve hit a slight snag this evening. Graham and I are sleeping in the forward cabin and can’t find the blind for the escape hatch window. Alec and I have been out to move Harry’s paddle board bag on top of the hatch. It doesn’t cover it completely, but hopefully that will prevent us from being woken at dawn. 

9 hours ago, LizG said:

I assume the water levels are high ( I haven't looked) as there was almost nothing moored above Wroxham Bridge as I drove over earlier 

It was 6-6” when we came through yesterday afternoon. Only one hire boat on the stern on moorings and none on the viaduct ones. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LizG said:

Tidings should have ibuprofen? I have some....but I might need it if sailing tomorrow and it's windy 

Thanks Liz. Graham found his ibuprofen gel later when he unpacked his clothes, so he’s okay for now.

12 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Have a lovely time Helen and Co :default_icon_wave: I hope Graham is okay for the holiday, he's in the best place to recover

Helen, you can swim can't you? :default_biggrin: x

Yes I can! :default_smiley-taunt014:

• Haha 1