Pacifics Cruiser New Boat

Matthew12

I saw her when we returned to Pacific in June

she was called Bella then, Richard said he wasn’t sure what to rename her then

I too wish them well with the boat, really nice people with great service, in fact we’re back with them in September on Star!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Ex Russell crafts Fleurie I believe 

It is.  We hired it’s sister boat in 2001 (K512), which was also called Fleurie and were due to be on this one the following year, but personal circumstances caused us to cancel our Broads holiday in 2002.  We’d also hired another one of their craft in 1999 and 2000, a Sheerline 950 aft cockpit called Muscadet.

An excellent small yard with superbly fitted and turned out craft.

8 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

We hired Muscadet for five years on the trot , one of the two of this class is now HiLight , Herbert Woods.

We first spotted Muscadet at Ranworth moored up and booked her as soon as we returned home for the following year which I believe was about 26 years ago , pictured below . . . . .

According to the database, K508 (now Hilight) was built in 1997 and K504 in 1998.  We actually called into Russell Marine to look over the boat when it was built and booked it then for the following year.

9 hours ago, SwanR said:

Someone mentioned their Facebook page but I couldn’t see it there. Hopefully it will be added soon. I want to get a look at the layout. 

From what I can remember of the layout when she was Orient star. She had a double cabin midships and a sit bath and shower at the rear the saloon was pretty much the same as all these boats are l shaped sofa etc. Can't remember if the saloon seating converted into a berth tho. The galley ran along left hand side of the boat. I do remember the sit bath wasn't much use tbh, but it was an exceptionally cold week we were aboard. All in all a very nice boat..

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Captain said:

The layout is as per Moon Adventure at Richardsons

Thanks for all the information. You probably know what I’m going to say. No walk round bed. Such a shame! Really want to get back onto the southern rivers but would prefer a forward steer cruiser. 

On 04/08/2021 at 10:00, SwanR said:

Thanks for all the information. You probably know what I’m going to say. No walk round bed. Such a shame! Really want to get back onto the southern rivers but would prefer a forward steer cruiser. 

Have you thought about Silver Myth? It's not forward steer but does have the walk around. Silver Harmony does also but it has the feet under the deck layout.

http://www.silverlinemarine.co.uk/hirefleet/Myth.htm

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Have you thought about Silver Myth?

I have. I’m not sure about Silverline. They seem to get very mixed reviews as do some of their older boats. I know you get that with a lot of yards but I don’t know. 

I think Silverline is a bit of a marmite yard. I found them rather officious however I have only hired one boat, I have however looked at a number of their boats and found them all to be immaculate externally and pretty good internally too. I am not sure what people are seeing with their older boats as other than Richardsons I don't know any yard that has upgraded or refurbished as many of its older boats. Compared with Woods or Sanderson's they are in different class however personally I didn't get on with the owners I wouldn't tell anyone not to give them a go

Neil

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I have. I’m not sure about Silverline.

Jean, I've had Silver Harmony and Silver Symphony. Both really well turned out boats, with island beds. I've read reviews that sometimes refer to a lack of warmth from the owners, but it's not what we experienced. In fact, they were especially nice when I returned for the first time following the death of my wife. I would have no hesitation in going back.

As an aside, Silver Harmony is not as good as Silver Symphony, in that the steering position is underneath the fixed part of the forward canopy. With the sides rolled back, you're just too far forward to get the open view. (That's hard to explain!) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dealing with family-run yards can often lead to mixed reports. The public are hiring the assets of that family and that family know the cost of maintaining that asset.

I know that some people found us (me in particular) to be a little difficult (which became more prevalent as I became more and more disenchanted with the public). But, there was always a reason for me being "offish" and it was always in response to the attitudes of the those I was dealing with. 

I have heard stories about virtually every other yard from customers. I can believe most because humans carry a lot of mental burden and putting on a smile when inside you are crying, screaming, shouting, rioting or committing mental homicide, isn't always easy. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Oddfellow said:

But, there was always a reason for me being "offish" and it was always in response to the attitudes of the those I was dealing with. 

I think that’s very true in all walks of life. A person’s attitude will very often determine the outcome of a situation. I remember reporting a guy being absolutely thoughtless on Breydon a few years ago. I told the BA ranger that I hoped a quiet word would do the trick and his reply was ‘we’ll see what his attitude is like’. 
It must be a nightmare running a hire boatyard. Most clients will be happy and cheerful to be going on holiday but there will always be one or two who expect too much and actually like to be confrontational. 

• Like 5

Speaking as a private owner post hirer. I have had cause to drop in to Silverlines yard to gain easy access to Peachments just behind. We called, asked if we could drop in, despite there being a single space in the yard ( it was packed and it was a windy summer day)  they said of course anytime. 

We arrived and Mr and Mrs were sitting on the wooden bench outside the office eating sandwiches out of silver foil packets, they were welcoming , helpful and so happy with life it made my day to meet them. Wonderful people.

M&F 

• Like 6