Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

Had a wonderful day/evening at Oulton Broad , had to keep Bramble out of the sun and she is not a fan of being stayed with a water mist but needs be , cooked down enough early evening to let her enjoy the park .

We were moored and were ably assisted in so doing by fellow NBN members Hi Jinks , always a pleasure to meet members we haven’t met in person before , plus the crews of two other craft we have met and spent time with before . Up early to a sprinkling of rain , thank goodness.

Left at 10:00 to travel to Beccles , wonderful quiet , peaceful sunny day .

Now moored up on the pontoon at Beccles , have booked for two evenings as I love it here .

5548710E-F396-432E-BE62-E3A4646594DB.jpeg

EA0C7C48-5B0C-46C7-89E0-0A2DF1EFD332.jpeg

A3257CF0-9C4C-4D03-A633-110297B6C33D.jpeg

A1A61D39-A943-47C9-ACBE-57C8C49E8F6E.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Now moored up on the pontoon at Beccles , have booked for two evenings as I love it here .

Hopefully if i make it on the 'not so mighty Mutt' I'll have a walk round to see you, thats if i can still walk after riding the bike so far.:8_laughing:

• Haha 1

On 20/07/2022 at 14:22, CambridgeCabby said:

Now moored up on the pontoon at Beccles , have booked for two evenings as I love it here

What wonderful photos, glad to hear that you're having a great time. I do enjoy Beccles myself too :default_smile:

Haven’t posted in a couple of days due to not having any reception, we left Beccles early Friday morning , destination Rockland where we had arranged to meet up with a couple of boating couples we know . Moored up on the electric and had a wonderful evening in the New Inn with a fabulous meal , Katie retired at 22:00 myself well let’s just say a few hours later .

Left Rockland 08:45 destination Ranworth 14:50 we arrived at Ranworth just as a space became free facing Malthouse Broad , result!!!

There we met Marge and Parge for the first time , a lovely couple , even though they had snaffled the Taxi Rank, I’ll forgive them though .

Left Ranworth 10:30 and I decided to take Pipedreams under Wroxham .

Its the first time I’ve been under Wroxham on her and the first time since the 80’s I’ve crewed anything under Wroxham bridge , just over 7ft clearance displayed and we successfully passed under now moored up on the BA moorings enjoying a crab sandwich and a couple of refreshing ciders

• Like 9

Back home now after 13 wonderful days afloat , I will try and post some of our photos when I get the chance . 
Met many and saw many forum members and special thank you must go to Marge and Parge who we met with again at Sutton when we stopped by car on the way back from the coast where we had visited our daughter son in law and grandchildren who were staying at Hopton, and who welcomed Katie and Bramble aboard whilst I went and got Pipedreams and they also moved their boat to create a bit of extra space to allow us to squeeze in , your company early evening was most welcomed and enjoyable , also your recommendation of Oasis Indian Stalham for a delivery as the Staithe hotel was fully booked was spot on , an excellent curry !!!

• Like 5

On 01/08/2022 at 12:04, MargeandParge said:

Hello

It was a pleasure to enjoy your company and light hearted chat. Take care.

Kindest Regards

Marge and Parge:default_beerchug:

Was that you we moored near to at Ranworth last Saturday? If so, good to put a name to a face.  You said you followed the NBN forum. I should have asked your username. Dohhhh.

25 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Now moored up at Ranworth , in the taxi rank !!

beer festival on this evening in the village hall , I may have to pop along to have a looksee

It would be rather rude not to :default_biggrin:

Have a great time :default_beerchug:

12 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Now moored up at Ranworth , in the taxi rank !!

beer festival on this evening in the village hall , I may have to pop along to have a looksee

1CD7BFCF-15A2-4890-87DB-A9CBE58F774F.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

• Thanks 1

Had a wonderful evening at the beer festival , I think ?

woke up early this morning and after chatting to a few fellow forum members I relinquished “the taxi rank” to Marge and Parge (minus Marge) , decided to head back up the Any as work tomorrow so need to be back in Cambridge for 14:00 ,so settled on Gays staithe for the night 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Travelled down Friday lunchtime , dreadful traffic , 3hours from Cambridge to Stalham , booked into the moorings at Sutton staithe , restaurant fully booked by 17:30 again so dined aboard .

Left early morning and gentle cruise to Ranworth managed to acquire the taxi rank , pub shut until Monday due to staffing issues , never seen Steve in the shop smiling so much !!!!!

Climbed the church tower for the first time since I broke my ankle , can still manage it , just.

Now moored up on the electricity at a busy Horning green watching the world pass by 

• Like 7