Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

• 2 weeks later...

Left the staithe at 10:00 , gentle meander to Womack staithe , enjoying a pint or two in the sunshine .

Meal last night was good , Katie had a homemade burger and chips (requested chunky chips) , I had a meat pizza with a very generous topping .

the food , five pints a coffee and a J2O was £47 pounds which considering location was very reasonable.

image.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Katie , myself and Bramble heading to Norfolk this afternoon for the weekend , possibly restricted to the Upper Ant if the levels are still very high 

Its only very rare occasions i have to take the windscreen down to get under ludham bridge.

Back from a wonderful weekend afloat , arrived Friday evening and decided to drive to The Crown Catfield for dinner , whitebait (shared) ham egg and chips each (hand cut chips not frozen) home cooked ham and local fresh eggs, three pints a come a coffee £42 can’t grumble at that .

Saturday a.m a gentle cruise to Ranworth and slotted straight into the taxi rank , sorted!We ate in The Maltsters , both had scampi and chips (skinny fries) not bad but not the Crowns standard.

Left early Sunday morning to see is Horning staithe was available , sadly not especially so as two moorings were occupied by BA dredgers moored up so about turn quick stop off at Boulters to fill up (£1:76/ltr) and off to Womack Water , two spaces free upon our arrival and we moored up alongside Goosunder and fellow forum members.

Lazy day spent sampling a few beers aboard and the obligatory custard tarts from the pop up bakery then a walk up to The Kings Arms for dinner , 8oz rump steak with peppercorn sauce for Katie , I sampled the plentiful mixed grill , both were outstanding , three pints , a martini and a coffee £52 again not bad value at all , back on board by 21:00 early night as leaving by 07:00 as Monday is a work day 

F8C7DD94-B302-4D19-AC9A-BEC01660E833.jpeg

3AA2A22D-4ACA-4FA6-B55B-1C64F5980D07.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...