Forum Members On The Broads

Andrewcook

Talking to a guy at Brooms today they have 1 boat out, one being used later in the week for a tv cook (Ainsley Hariott ) programme,  then steadily more from next weekend. They were all looking top notch and ready to go. 

John 

• Like 2

We are out and about this week. Seen a few Herbert Woods boats around and some Richardson’s. Hoping the rain will clear today but can’t moan considering the glorious weather over the last few days 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I hadn’t realised it had rained until I read your post! I’m off out for a postponed Christmas dinner today. :default_xmas6:

I could’ve told you it would rain, Jean.  I wasted about three hours of my life washing the wife’s car yesterday.  Rain following was virtually guaranteed!! 😁

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Jean no Christmas  pud today,pancakes Lemon and sugar.Its pancakes day,also St David's day.

2 of the best days of the year, rolled into one! And sunny just to add to it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

. . . . . . . . . As for Mouldy he can keep his leeks.

Thanks Alan, but lemon and sugar will do for me, too tbh.  I was just reflection how you’d combine pancake day with St Davids Day.

21 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Thanks Alan, but lemon and sugar will do for me, too tbh.  I was just reflection how you’d combine pancake day with St Davids Day.

You could have a lovely  Welsh Lamp stew,followed  by pancakes.Then St David's  day together  with pancakes.

44 minutes ago, Mouldy said:

Well, could have a Welsh rarebit for lunch and pancakes for tea, just to really load the carb levels for the day. We’ll be having similar - sweated leeks in cheese sauce on toast. Not the most balanced diet for one day only!! I do think a lamb stew sounds nice.

We se to have drifted somewhat from the original. Jean to blame for mentioning Christmas dinner - hope it was enjoyable Jean. 
Back to the thread - I’m hoping this good weather stays for the foreseeable, seeing as I’m down on my boat sometime in the next week or so.

Lulu no anyone on the rivers - hope it’s turned into a glorious day for you, it is where I am if any consolation !