Forum Members On The Broads

Andrewcook

1 hour ago, kpnut said:

We se to have drifted somewhat from the original. Jean to blame for mentioning Christmas dinner - hope it was enjoyable Jean. 
Back to the thread - I’m hoping this good weather stays for the foreseeable, seeing as I’m down on my boat sometime in the next week or so.

Lulu no anyone on the rivers - hope it’s turned into a glorious day for you, it is where I am if any consolation !

Seen a few hirers out today and one privateer. We’ve been on Horning staithe all day after arriving in the rain. A few people have come and gone but mostly had the place to ourselves.  It’s been overcast and quite chilly but at least the rain stopped 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Not sure that pancakes and leeks are a marriage made in heaven!! 😉😁

Actually, I have previously made (savoury) pancakes rolled up around a filling of leeks, ham and cheese sauce. Yum!

• Like 3

I said hello to Lulu at Ranworth last night. I moored t’other side of the dinghy dyke and put a leccy card on post with .03, .05, or .00 on! This morning I saw Luna Aurora leave and decided to forgo my .52 left on the post and move to CC’s favourite spot, planning to cut and polish the port side. Bad news, too wet to work, good news there was .52 left on the post. Result!! Further result a mate rang to see if I wanted a pint at lunchtime. Met him in the cosy Maltsters for a couple of Ghost Ships.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Bluebell said:

good news there was .52 left on the post. Result!!

You are very welcome and lovely to meet you yesterday 😁. We inherited 70p from yesterday. Been doing well on the electric posts. Potter had £1.75! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Oh, I also meant to ask Jean where on earth you can get a Christmas dinner in March?

Apologies for the side tracking of the thread. But for completeness sake, it was a postponed group lunch from December. It was at the Hotel Wroxham, 50 people. Food and service was excellent. Roast turkey dinner and a chocolate brownie for dessert  👍

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, andyg said:

If you've ever had the pleasure of consuming army compo rations, that actually looks quite appealing lol...

Lol you beat me to it! Nothing wrong with that, just add some curry powder and baked beans (always took a container of curry powder on exercise!).

Chris

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andyg said:

If you've ever had the pleasure of consuming army compo rations, that actually looks quite appealing lol...

I did, many, many years ago (like about 40) when I was in the Cadets at school. I think compo ("MRE" nowadays ?) has improved a lot since then.

We always used to fight over the Biscuits, Fruit, AB and Oatmeal Blocks ! And the Hexamine stoves were great for camping trips.

In fact, I remember finding a pack of said Biscuits, Fruit, AB (similar to garibaldi biscuits) at home a few years ago. They must have been over 30 years old, but when I opened them they tasted absolutely fine, like they were just bought in the supermarket !

• Like 1

Ah!! nothing like a tin of stewed steak heated on hexy then use water for tea or coffee while you open the tin (rag essential) no washing up. I get MRE's now my eldest son and grandson love them always keep some on the boat for when i am by myself. My mother always said that the compo tea was one of the best you could get,  I had to go minesweeping for the tins of tea left after a exercize i then got a new loaf door step crust with dripping and salt on it providing i picked the right day, Ah!!!,. John 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...