Boat Running Costs Ideas

Roy

Hi I am looking for information on boat running costs for a Hampton Safari ie broads toll/ insurance costs. 

Also looking for a mooring on the northern broads ideally a garden mooring at someone’s house any ideas  please thanks 

Ray 

Can't comment with any accuracy on a Hampton.

But for a larger boat, 35x 12 Stern on mooring in a nice marina.

Water and shore power on hand. Parking very close to the boat.

Approx 3k

2k moorings

£600 Broads Toll.

£200 Insurance.

Up until recently £300 for fuel for a year. Unfortunately this year I have already spent £300+ on fuel and just about to go on my second 3 week cruise this year.

None of the above takes into account routine and unscheduled maintenance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We have a Hampton safari 25. Our moorings is at Broadsedge, about 1300 pounds Tolls I think about £350.Insurance around £250.

I've never looked at a garden  moorings,so have no idea of costs.However insurance companies  we reduce  your fee if,moorings  have good security. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

My Safari costs:

Mooring 1470.

Toll 331.

Ins 164.

Hope that helps:)

Thanks that really helps I’m looking at one on another waterway and just needed to get my finances sorted first. 

Do they have any common problems to look out for when I’m viewing ? 

Thanks agsin 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Thanks that really helps I’m looking at one on another waterway and just needed to get my finances sorted first. 

Do they have any common problems to look out for when I’m viewing ? 

Thanks agsin 

Mine's a bit of a wreck but I wanted a project and it was the cheapest one I could find at the time,  so not really sure what problems are common as such.

There is a pretty decent looking owners club(I'm not a member) that appears to have lots of info so might be worth checking that out if you haven't already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cheesey69 said:

For me, it’s the engines and running gear. 
On a grp boat, pretty much infinite repair but lose your trust in that engine and your boat is a floating caravan. 

Yes I guess that’s right I think I was concerned about water getting in to the lining from the windows but reading a lot about these boats they seem to be built well. 

A mate (now deceased) had a Safari at South Walsham. Make sure theres a cover for the stern well, the drain is prone to blocking and will overflow into the accommodation. He single handed his for many years until at 80-odd and after his second bypass the quack called 'time'. His was a mk 3 with the front door and no sliding canopy.