Closure Of Neatishead Staithe For Works

Mouldy

11 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Phew, at least they are giving people good notice. When I saw the headline I thought ‘Oh no!’ But we should be fine. 

The notice caused a major panic last night when on a (visitor orientated) FB page someone asked if there was electric hook up at Neatished at Christmas & someone who had half read the notice claimed the staithe was going to be closed from this Friday! There must have been a dozen comments inside an hour - some from people who had clearly not seen the official notice! ( It was there for all to see about 3 messages down the page )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bytheriver said:

The notice caused a major panic last night when on a (visitor orientated) FB page someone asked if there was electric hook up at Neatished at Christmas & someone who had half read the notice claimed the staithe was going to be closed from this Friday! There must have been a dozen comments inside an hour - some from people who had clearly not seen the official notice! ( It was there for all to see about 3 messages down the page )

Good old Facebook, always a reliable source of information.

• Haha 2

I'm very surprised to note that Neatishead is being done while out of the Boating season which is good thing from January, 23rd 2023 I believe till 31st Match 2023 for Improvements to the Moorings as it's a very nice place to visit to the Village Pub that does good on meals and Dog friendly I think? 

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

I think March is becoming more popular for hiring. And there’s always quite a few fishermen out in the first half of the month. Haven’t booked anything for next year yet but if I did it would probably be March. 

I fancy doing March one year as well, not least because I've never hired then. I am booked for 1st April next year though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumPunch said:

That early in the year can probably get in at Barton and walk if necessary

Barton - is that option no longer closed to us?  Moor at Gayes and walk to Neatishead - obviously a bit further from Paddy’s Lane.

27 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Ranworth retain theirs all season 

Not surprised I've unwound that big new kinky (said in the best possible taste MODS ) hose to your favourite mooring now named after yourself and Kate as The Taxi Rank.

I'm sure by the time I had filled and returned the hose to it's post my life expectancy had dropped by a considerable length. 

Mind you a visit to the Gym is unnecessary when using that facility. 

Have a great holiday and look forward to seeing you in The New Year

Festive Regards Marge and Parge 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...