New Boat!

Ray

1 minute ago, Gracie said:

Will you and Mrs Ray be doing the royal wave as you cruise along?

Mrs Ray will be but I know my place, I shall be polishing the silver and cutting the crusts off cucumber sandwiches for her afternoon tea 😁

• Haha 5

I dont believe you will find any of the common misconceptions over names in captain pugwash to be correct, at least thats what the author told me when I chatted to him one day many years back, when he allowed me to park in his driveway by the castle in rye, lovely gent.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I dont believe you will find any of the common misconceptions over names in captain pugwash to be correct, at least thats what the author told me when I chatted to him one day many years back, when he allowed me to park in his driveway by the castle in rye, lovely gent.

I seem to recall the cabin boy was Tom and not Roger, I also have the black pig in mind as the boat name but could be mixed up.

the master was master mate, there was barnabas, willy, and tom the cabin boy, just out of interest the author did successfully sue several newspapers over their claims of double entendres over the character names. though despite this the myth of the names has perpetuated down through history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Pugwash

I remember the original carboard cut-out series as being the best and back then all those names were quite innocent. We've all had a few laughs with them since though.:default_party0010:

Nice boat Ray. Lovely big windows will generate some heat when the sun comes out, it'll take some cooling in the summer. Good excuse for libation if any excuse were needed. :default_drinks:

• Thanks 1

It was a student rag that made it up and started it for a bit of fun, however a National Newspaper picked it up, and ran with it as fact, unchecked.

I believe it ended in court and the originator of the series won against them.

• Like 1