Who's For Celebration For Kings Coronation

Andrewcook

At the last Coronation I was 8 years of age ,  now 78 watching it all again.   Somewhat different circumstances,  when I was 8 Dad was in the RAF.       All ranks wives and children were invited to the only TV and that was brought into the Sergeants Mess.  I can still see us all sitting on the floor in front of this tiny black and white TV.     This was at RAF Kidbrooke that is probably an IKEA store now.

• Like 6

We watched till they returned to the palace. What a great show they put on. About the concern that there would be some trouble makers trying something on. With the cream  of our military in attendance in their hundreds , many with fixed bayonets, anybody that tried something dodgy would have come seriously unstuck! That's if the great crowd didn't lynch them first!  What a great show  it was. I felt for our poor queen she looked terrified. The military were magnificent in their splendour and a credit to us as always. I glowed with national pride at the whole spectacle.

Carole

• Like 5

It was a brilliant day and lordy don't we know how to put on a show. I thought Queen Camilla looked lovely too if a tad nervous but who could blame her.

It makes you feel very patriotic and proud, or maybe that was the Prosecco :default_biggrin: x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

This coronation was half the length of the Queens and had a lot of new or altered elements to bring it up to date whilst still keeping traditional core elements. The coverage was greater due to technological advances, and in colour.

A king can have a Queen, a Queen cannot have a King, only a consort if that is their choice.

• Like 2

On 06/05/2023 at 15:36, addicted said:

We watched till they returned to the palace. What a great show they put on. About the concern that there would be some trouble makers trying something on. With the cream  of our military in attendance in their hundreds , many with fixed bayonets, anybody that tried something dodgy would have come seriously unstuck! That's if the great crowd didn't lynch them first!  What a great show  it was. I felt for our poor queen she looked terrified. The military were magnificent in their splendour and a credit to us as always. I glowed with national pride at the whole spectacle.

Carole

When we were on parade the Station warrant officer, was at the rear of the parade. If he saw anyone trying anything there would be a quick order of change arms, rifles with fixed bayonets would swap sides flashing through the air..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1