Two Moorings Lost?

Mouldy

On 09/06/2023 at 20:15, Mouldy said:

Wrong!  To pay for them to look for new replacement moorings, that will all turn out to be too expensive to lease and won’t happen!

and where the hell are BA going to find ready made moorings that they need do nothing to for less than 2K per annum.....ludicrous

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, imtamping2 said:

and where the hell are BA going to find ready made moorings that they need do nothing to for less than 2K per annum.....ludicrous

Floating pontoons are the answer BA needs to think about adding new mooring with pontoons if they are away from the bank say 3ft (if enough room not a problem down south) then there wouldn’t need to be any quay heading only where the ramp attaches to the bank I know they would need to pay a rent to the land owner if access is on the land. 

29 minutes ago, Roy said:

Floating pontoons are the answer BA needs to think about adding new mooring with pontoons if they are away from the bank say 3ft (if enough room not a problem down south) then there wouldn’t need to be any quay heading only where the ramp attaches to the bank I know they would need to pay a rent to the land owner if access is on the land. 

dont really think your going to get pontoons with enough pace for 8 boats plus and pay a rent for less than 2k tbh... 2k wouldnt buy 1 x 30 ft pontoon let alone 8 ///// BA just need to get real ..... if they want to pay the same price  now as they did 21 years ago why shouldnt we toll payers be paying the same toll cost as 21 years ago ...... as I said BA need to get real ,,,end of 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vanessan said:

Both sets of moorings have ‘private’ signs now I believe and apparently there is also a ‘bouncer’ for want of a better expression. 

The signs actually read , "No mooring until further notice "

9 hours ago, imtamping2 said:

dont really think your going to get pontoons with enough pace for 8 boats plus and pay a rent for less than 2k tbh... 2k wouldnt buy 1 x 30 ft pontoon let alone 8 ///// BA just need to get real ..... if they want to pay the same price  now as they did 21 years ago why shouldnt we toll payers be paying the same toll cost as 21 years ago ...... as I said BA need to get real ,,,end of 

I know the pontoons would be a initial outlay but I’m trying to look to the future rather than short fixes which is what this country is very good at doing at the moment we need to invest in longterm ideas pontoons must cost less than maintaining quay heading? 

• Like 1

Back in September 2018, when Horsey Staithe had to be drained and all the moorings could not be used, pontoons were used with great effect.

As you can see:- A pontoon path was layed across the reed bed to the open waters of the Mere and a mini-marina constructed.20180911_110016.thumb.jpg.1262104324fe2a872c2650ecd25ed5c0.jpg20180911_110156.thumb.jpg.38ef1f11d6ac105cedb205a37c90aa33.jpg20180911_110217.thumb.jpg.1b37085fb5cc9791d1a366dd2a930dd0.jpg20180911_110327.thumb.jpg.8d7af6b2300947a402ecd9ef8beeb690.jpg20180911_110349.thumb.jpg.0662b6f5af0b80b1853888cbe073cc19.jpg20180911_111000.thumb.jpg.7cdcce0b46545ef4c9fbf34c6811d304.jpg20180911_110354.thumb.jpg.8429703be981ed9942e89978e7fe04d1.jpg20180911_110442.thumb.jpg.2d080e79b490051a3da2f175397f61b1.jpg

The people seated were something to do with the Trip Boat that normally runs from the Staithe

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

How far away is the further notice?

The further notice is a period when if every one that doesnt want these moorings lost are able to petition BA to NEGOTIATE ....something they obviusley dont like doing ...but it obviously wont last forever  SO PEOPLE NEED TO GET WRITING TO BA instead of just chewing the cud about how we have lost more moorings ........ we the toll payers never lose moorings BA just throw them away ....

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Back in September 2018, when Horsey Staithe had to be drained and all the moorings could not be used, pontoons were used with great effect.

Where there’s a will as they say. But of course that’s the problem isn’t it!

1 minute ago, imtamping2 said:

As I said above ,,,,,,,   They are the ONLY signs that have been put up ....

Sorry but you’re wrong. I was actually there when a ‘private’ notice was put up on the upstream section of moorings. I was advised that a sign would follow on the downstream section. Maybe you missed those?

14 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Sorry but you’re wrong. I was actually there when a ‘private’ notice was put up on the upstream section of moorings. I was advised that a sign would follow on the downstream section. Maybe you missed those?

Yes you are correct a small sign no bigger than a foot with the word PRIVATE in red on it ...hmmm

21 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Is there a minimum number of moorings that BA has to provide on the broads.

The principles of the 2006/9 Moorings Strategies were that there should be;

Distribution of moorings – maximum 30 minutes cruising time between sites (“90 minutes for Country Park” moorings).

Distribution of mooring types - Wild 21%, Rural 36%, Urban 4% Country Park 37%, Flagship 2%.

Maintain free use of Broads Authority unmanned moorings.

The Mooring Strategy Update 2017 which can be found here contains the following;

The 2006 strategy was reviewed in 2009 and in 2013 the Authority adopted an Integrated Access Strategy (IAS) for the Broads which sought to make improvements to the connectivity and use of access facilities on both land and water. The overarching objective of the mooring strategy: “to maintain as a minimum the present number of moorings available for visitor use” and the other principles of the mooring strategy were carried forward into the IAS. Appendix 1 sets out these principles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3