Good News

Hylander

Very good news, the only bad bit is the Sky Sports, Most people and families quietly having a drink and a meal want to be able to talk above the cheering and jeering of local yobs watching a football match, just saying

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, eddybear said:

Very good news, the only bad bit is the Sky Sports, Most people and families quietly having a drink and a meal want to be able to talk above the cheering and jeering of local yobs watching a football match, just saying

No sure there are many local yobs in Ranworth :default_coat:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, eddybear said:

I can go into a pub to watch the footy without cheering as can many others. Saying that I support Birmingham City so not exactly much to cheer about. Also haven't seen any yobs in Ranworth, for a pub to survive it has to attract a diverse group of punters. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Not had a run in with the local geese then? Ruddy things chased me once :default_biggrin:

Grace x

There is a joke in there Grace. But I am too much of a gentleman to say it.

• Haha 3

I am not a lover of big screens in pubs at all.

But 2024 is one hell of a year for sport for both sexes and on top of those it is an Olympics year. I feel not having coverage this year could actually cost you precious revenue.

It is a long Winter in Norfolk.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

There is a joke in there Grace. But I am too much of a gentleman to say it.

Something in the way of being Goosed!!!      Now if that is rude these days (as most things are off limits now) forgive me.

:228_baby_chick::228_baby_chick::228_baby_chick::228_baby_chick:    Hardly Geese Gracie but that is all that I could find.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, eddybear said:

Local yobs! How many decent people on boats do you think support a football team? I look forward to watching Spurs there and I don't think Ranworth attracts yobs nor would Steve tolerate them.

COYS

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PaulN said:

Local yobs! How many decent people on boats do you think support a football team? I look forward to watching Spurs there and I don't think Ranworth attracts yobs nor would Steve tolerate them.

COYS

Well said. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

I'm a football fan and can enjoy watching football in a pub. Does that make me a yob?

Looking at the photo of Steve Gray, do I recognise him from behind the counter at the shop?

Yes. He also has the Granary Restaurant on the Staithe.

• Thanks 1

It's good news for people & Boats visiting Ranworth once again for Easter and beyond for the New Season. As to having Sky Sports please bear this in mind Hiring Boats don't have Sky except for a few private Boaters that may have them I will be up there in September will it still be friendly Dogs allowed? Good luck with the New owners running the Ranworth Pun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrewcook said:

It's good news for people & Boats visiting Ranworth once again for Easter and beyond for the New Season. As to having Sky Sports please bear this in mind Hiring Boats don't have Sky except for a few private Boaters that may have them I will be up there in September will it still be friendly Dogs allowed? Good luck with the New owners running the Ranworth Pun.

Steve recently posted elsewhere in answer to a question that dogs would be welcome. 

• Like 2

I believe the car park belongs to the pub. They had a classic car meet fairly regularly which we enjoyed looking around and chatting to the exhibitors. Maybe it will keep going. 

Steve has always been very friendly with a good sense of humour. Keeping the grass cut on the Staithe and everything tidy.

We wish him and everyone involved the best of luck fortune and enjoyment for the future. 

I think I might have to pay the mooring fee as I'm sure that a visit to Ranworth will now be very tempting.

1000 pennies need some counting and I will ask them to check it :default_biggrin:

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 2

Isnt it so good to see lots of folks all going off on a boat on their holiday, be it short or long,  I do hope the weather plays ball and they enjoy every moment.     The season is a live again.

Screenshot(823).png.2a83ceb22d826e4fe31fff17c2622769.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, MargeandParge said:

I think I might have to pay the mooring fee as I'm sure that a visit to Ranworth will now be very tempting.

1000 pennies need some counting and I will ask them to check it :default_biggrin:

Nice thought and one that appeals to my sense of humour, but did you know that according to The British Coinage Act (1971), you are legally allowed to tender up to 20 pence (total) in mixed one and two pence coins.  More can be paid, but only if the person you are paying is willing to accept them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mouldy said:

Nice thought and one that appeals to my sense of humour, but did you know that according to The British Coinage Act (1971), you are legally allowed to tender up to 20 pence (total) in mixed one and two pence coins.  More can be paid, but only if the person you are paying is willing to accept them.

Just ordered a tenners worth of pennies from our local bakery as she said they hardly use them now as everything is rounded up or down  to 5p. In good faith I shall offer payment in sterling .

Or would they accept Crypto its one or the other.

Kindest Regards Marge and Parge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3