Freedom of Press

finny

Firstly ..Hello everyone .......most of you will know me anyway even though it's the polite thing to do . I don't post much these days but do very much enjoy reading about broads history and it's future for that matter but restoration projects and new builds really get my anchor swinging

Many thanks Finny

My hobby is restoring old boats over the years i have done several. I started with an old breydon gun punt which was a total wreck but i managed to get her back in the water and she now resides in the Broads Museum.  At the moment i have a 1960's plywood skinned hull day boat she had been epoxy coated and as with all boats of this type had gone rotten from the inside out i have re-skinned her and i am now starting on the inside I have no idea where she came from the only clue i have is a 1963 10 HP johnson outboard

Welcome Finny.. I hate restoring boats.. really I do ... I'm covered in fibreglass splinters considering it took a week to get over the last lot! I too love reading about others though and moreso the new builds!

Welcome again :)

Its strange really - I more enjoyed "doing up " more than I did sailing my own boat ,I always said that if I won the lottery I would buy tired old girls ...give them a make over and then give them away ......for free .........mad I know but it would work for me

fixupfin

• Like 2

:party: Pauline I would buy you a pint or three of Wherry anytime .......And Grace I have added your name to the list - so best behaviour young lady

you have to be in it - to win it ........just need the right numbers now .......gulp.......anyway might be a good idea to tap JawsOrca for a free mooring :party1:

Flistfuloffiversfin

• Like 4

So they do, Peter

Re that dream Wherry, the Dutch build luxury replicas of their traditional craft so why not a Wherry super yacht? It's one way of legally overcoming 45' size limit on the Broads and what a super live-aboard it would make!

So they do, Peter, but at what cost? We came across this twenty year old replica last year in a yard in Friesland.... 7.40m at 72,500 Euros!

post-146-0-95588500-1406653844_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality but it was behind a perspex screen.