morning!

mickey123

Hi all.

I'm a newbie to this site and would like to say hello.

I'm on the broads on Saturday and seriously cannot wait! Has been the longest week ever!

Been doing this holiday on and off for 20 yrs ish. I am taking my 'common' in laws for the first time and I've no idea if they'll like it. they haven't had a holiday for 12 yrs so I thought this has to be a winner (I hope). We couldn't get a boat of 'desire' as there was hardly anything about, so i'm not sure if it will be manic and busy or they are servicing and repairing after the summer busy season.

Picking the boat up from Stalham and we're going to potter on the northern broads this time. We are only pottering and have no desires to cruise up and down like a yo yo this time around. (maybe another time). Work has been manic so a 'do nothing' holiday with walking and a bit of nature is exactly what I'm looking for.

My other half's parents are so excited its so funny to watch, his mum has brought these amazing deck shoes, photos will be taken!

I'm a huge fan of Norfolk, the broads and the people and I think I will always be visiting for many years to come. One day I will have my own boat! (keep buying the lottery tickets), but in the mean time, I like hiring and I always go in the non school holidays so they're normally reasonably priced.

Well hopefully we will meet a few people, have a chin wag and a grin. :wave

• Like 7

Hi Mickey and welcome from us....your wait is nearly over... have a great relaxing time and enjoy the chilled out pace.

We are about on the northern bit from Friday until Tuesday so may see you at some point (what boat are you on) cheers..

I am taking my 'common' in laws for the first time and I've no idea if they'll like it. they haven't had a holiday for 12 yrs so I thought this has to be a winner (I hope).

Mickey, we took my parents-in-law for their first boating holiday a few years ago when they were both in their 60's (and that was overseas, to boot!) and despite being somewhat apprehensive, they absolutely loved it.

I hope you all have a wonderful time and welcome to the forum.

hi guys

Thanks for the welcome.

we are on san marino. you cant miss us anyway, just look for the lady with silver, purple and diamonte deck shoes! :shocked

Not had that boat before but there were slim pickings, but I'm not that bothered, my main criteria is that it doesn't sink! The rest I can live with.

• Like 2

Well the deck shoes have 18 inches of purple-ness laces (if that makes sense). Not the safest but I'll tell her that when we get there, so I can see the scissors coming out.

The weather looks ok for the next few weeks, I'm not worried about being chilly, long as it doesn't rain.

Thanks for the welcomes

taking un wanted family on a river trip .....i get yer .....!!!!

drop the bodies over the side ........................i gotcha........!!!!

like yer style ...............!!!!

need some help just ask ..........................

discreet...................ssshhh........................

.................enjoy yer trip ..................................... :naughty:  

• Like 2