putting politeness back to the fore ;)

sean8390

Hi everyone , some of you would of read my first post last night when I was giving a opinion on another thread , probably not the best way to make friends and ease myself into a forum but hopefully my points were taken in the manner in which I hoped ,,

Anyway back to me, my wife and myself first holidayed on the broads in 1992 at the tender ages of 27&28 on Crown jem from richardsons our first night moored on the river ant just below irstead on the right wild moorings which are now overgrown , is without doubt in printed in my memory as the best night on holiday anywhere the sense of freedom was both magical and exiting ,, we then continued to holiday sometimes twice a year for the next 15yrs or so last time a couple of years back , with our third dog to enjoy the broads, daisy the beagle , I have been a member on another welll known broads forum but never posted on open forum as I found it rather aggressive so thank you for your welcoming comments last night even though you hadn't met me before so to speak ,, sean

• Like 8

:wave Sean and welcome to the forum. Well done for posting. I don't think anyone has seen your first message being impolite. This forum is much more laid back than the other despite having mostly the same posters although everyone behaves sensibly! Please do keep posting though. When you heading back to broads?

cheers

• Like 4

Sean,

I have not been a member very long myself and I think most people on here accept we all have our own opinions however much others may disagree. As long as they aren't offensive then keep going (IMHO) - see :naughty:  :naughty:

I find it refreshing that you might get challenged, but at the end of the day it's good to share things.

The most important thing is you like it on the Broads and hope to see you around on your next holiday.

Hi Sean,

I did say hello on the other thread but just wanted to put my twopence worth here too.

The main difference between here and the other place (in my opinion therefore correct, fact, and set in stone) is that here, when people disagree, when the debate is over, we all feel that if we happened to run into each other in a pub, we'd buy the other person a drink and carry on chatting about it.

We may never agree on certain issues, but we'd still hope to meet up again some time and carry on exchanging drinks and views.

What we most certainly do NOT have is the feeling that if someone walked into the pub, we'd walk out.

Take Dajen and myself. We disagree on so many things, some quite fundamental important ones, yet I look forwards so much to meeting him some time and having a few beers. That is the way this forum is.

Yes we pull each others legs unmercifully but we always try to ensure we never say anything that is, or could be read as, a personal attack.

Forums thrive where there are differences of opinion and those forums last where those differences are discussed with civility and care.

All you other lot, make the most of this post because as you know, I'm rarely this serious for this long. :) 

Forgot to add daisy is from Boston in Lincolnshire

Lincs beagles are the best of course, the boys are from Blyton Lincs. 

Walking Dylan through the woods the other year (Toby did belong to the eldest lad but now lives with us) I was stopped by a woman in her late forties, the type that has a pocket full of dog treats and no dog.

"Oh how beautiful" she gushed bending down and fussing Dylan. "How much do you charge?" she asked as she stood up. 

"What?" I answered a little perplexed.

One of my neighbours arrived with her dogs.

"You know, how much do you charge?" asked the woman again this time making thrusting motions with her pelvis.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed taking a step back.

"For servicing, how much do you charge?" the woman asked again still thrusting her hips.

"Me or the bloody dog?" I asked making a swift getaway to the sound of my neighbours laughter.

• Like 3