Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

14 minutes ago, kpnut said:

how much is it ok to clear before it’s trespassing?

i have often wondered the same,  i travelled the ant a couple of weeks back and was a little surprised to see how much has been cleared

• Like 2

The way I look at it for these wild moorings to be kept 'Open' then all users of said moorings must respect the area and keep it clear of all rubbish / litter etc

Each linear yard of wild moorings kept clear and available is hopefully keeping pace with the closure of the blessed Authorities moorings which of late has been in the headlines once again

Griff

• Like 11

Thursday 23rd May 24

We arrived at t wetshed at 1000 having left Donny at 0700 with a half hour stop for breakfast so that was an excellent time. All to the good onboard   

Then the forenoon just seemed to disappear. I did a job on Broadland Grebe, had plenty of visitors. Visited Tesco’s. Sailed at 1515, arrived at Griffs Corner for 1630. I was somewhat disappointed to see just how high the grass was along the entire length apart from 20 odd foot Grendel had cleared tother day.

Grendel himself arrived ten mins after us. Two strimmers took a fair while to cut said grass. That meant we only got about 8ft headway done into the bramble jungle before dinner in t, Grendel joined us for the evening

Griff

• Like 3

Friday morning, more bank clearance and a FCE we sailed about 1000 straight to Wroxham , through bridge at 6ft9”

then eventually into battery cable upgrades, hours later BBQ dinner on t bank with friends lights out by 2330

Griff 

• Like 2

Saturday - Typical bank holiday Wx. It supposedly commenced heavy rain at 0400. It’s now near 1200 it’s still tipping it down and will do so until 1700  apparently. Went for breakfast in nearby cafe. We will sail shortly for Coltishall rain or no rain. Not going under t bridge and getting wheelhouse soaked through 

Griff

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Not going under t bridge and getting wheelhouse soaked through 

ahhh!!  the beauty of a bathtub. :default_gbxhmm:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

At Coltishall Lock, still raining, grass has been recently cut, so treading it everywhere. Purdey charging round at breakneck speed that having been in t river - Twice. Wet dog onboard, out with the chamois, heating back on - In May? Oh yes

Griff

• Like 2

Yes, passed through enroute t Ranworth, didn’t get there until 1945, proper lucky, one berth available on t front had dinner in t Maltsters - Good. Then DVd onboard lights out for around 2359

Griff

• Like 2

Sunday 26th May

A lazy start, Purdey out making friends again. B’fast tolls from the Granary. We sailed at 1100 after the rain had stopped for Potter Heigham, plenty of craft around Thurne mouth due to the regatta. Again lucky to squeeze into a 43ft spare berth. Potter was busy. It was then I noticed yet another ding on the paint and yet another scuff on t varnish, I deduced from a dinghy at Ranworth. A maintenance weekend will be forthcoming again soon.

We sailed for Womack Water tooted Papaver in t dyke,  yet again got the only spare berth at 1500. Met lovely neighbouring crews one of whom was an ex RN communicator.  Received some awesome thunderstorms. Dinner in t Kings Arms, onboard for 1900, a few libations, dvd’s, three young fillies from another boat onboard to make use of our inverter for hair straighteners of all things, this was not a  first, that after Purdey had visited their boat again 

Lights out at the witching hour

Griff

IMG_4264.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Griff could Suggest BA has Bold large fender to be clipped on the front when ever you do stern on mooring that should the whole front Bow  untorched

I thought that was what the infamous "blue fender" was for?

:default_hiding:

• Haha 4