The Adventures of Orca

JawsOrca

16th September

I was woken up by the sound of the rain pattering on the hatch above. People suggested yesterday that it would cool down today and there was rain forecast overnight. In some way it was a bit of a relief as the last couple of days had been too hot, certainly to helm in Orca's enclosed wheelhouse. 

Dave wasn't bothered though and was already in the wheelhouse under the canopy fishing out the opened sides, he was catching but certainly nothing big enough for breakfast :(. Once awoke, I grabbed my frosted shreedies and my book and joined him in the wheelhouse. It was much cooler but still pleasent.

Today's plan was to run back to Womack and grab my hat, grab some lunch then head back up towards the marina as tonight was sadly our last night.

Once he was bored of fishing, (sadly I've not taken to it this year, it didn't help my fishing rod went walkies and I'm finding the fishing pole just too cumbersome.. but there's still time I'm sure I'll fish before the seasons up), engine on, I went forward lifted the parking brake (It is a parking brake :hardhat: lol) and Dave reversed out.

I was a bit into my book, which is unusal for me, I very rarely read books like this, normally magazines etc but always nice for a change. I won't spoil the storyline but here's a link if you are interested.. http://www.chriscrowther.co.uk/buy-books/product/view/1/10 I sat downstairs most of the trip, Dave seems to enjoy helming and Orca's being nice to him, even despite a little breeze.

Before I knew it we was at womack and Dave gave me the helm. (chicken).. All moored up, it was really lunchtime already, the rain had calmed to just a drizzle, being smart me I brought my light oilskin jacket, Dave being fick just had his think cotton jacket (he does do my head in) so me, all nice and dry, him trying not to shiver when I glance his way.. Thankfully the pubs only a little walk up the lane. We grabbed a table buy the bar, the barman in here has started to reconise us (Dave feuxhawk) so he's getting friendly which is nice, he poured me a perfect Wherry topped shandy, Dave an aspalls.. We ordered some lunch, yummy burgers for both of us, we be back soon!. 

Back down to the boat, the rain had got a bit harder now but me still nice and dry, Dave just will never learn...Into the little shop, I looked around for a little Norfolk flag for the other boat but they had everything else except that (have to be an ebay job), I grabbed my NBN cap. 

Engine on, I took Orca out of the tight spot and gave the helm over to dave. I went back down stairs and grabbed my book. It was drizzling outside so I wasn't missing much.  I was well into my book and before I knew it was was up up Sutton. The moorings looked full although I spotted a gap big enough and reversed Orca in quickly.

Today was a complete contrast to yesterday, it was cloudy dull and felling much cooler, in fact it was even jumper weather. We'd had a late lunch so dinner was certainly off the cards but we've grabbed a desert in the hotel here before so thought we could do that. Off we went up the pub, the footpaths were flooded though and it really did feel like autumn was here. The pub was packed out, we asked if they would do us a desert but they sadly replied that they was too busy.. as we know it's not normally a problem but today was a one off. Oh well, I thought, but a plus for my waist line! 

Back to the boat, we decided to go moor on the broad and watch a movie for our last night :(

20160916_134409.jpg

20160916_145453.jpg

• Like 7

17th September

A couple of hours after getting off to sleep, I was woken by the wind howling outside. I was reassured all was fine as I put the anchor alarm on before going to bed (it's a setting on the GPS, you can set it to a number of meters and if the boat goes outside of this an alarm goes off... I've set it to 10 meters which is just over the boats length this will allow her to move around a little bit (And around a single anchor).. Dave had dropped two mudweight down too due the spot we picked this will stop the boat from moving too close to the reeds.. so all should be fine :)

A few more hours later, I heard Dave unzipping the canopy, so I called over.. "What?".. He ignored me for a few moments... I tried again.. "What".. "Boats span around" was his reply.. "Rowlocks, I've got the anchor alarm on".. I peered out the window and wiped away the condensation, indeed we had the view had changed itself, I was now looking at the other bank.. "But that's got the big mudweight at the front".. I got up, wandered over to the helm, the GPS was still showing us in the same spot, Dave checked the aft mudweight and it's all stuck firm.. I turned the depth gauge on and that showed plenty of water. "It's fine" I said, "I'm going back to bed, Worry about it in the morning". Dave opened the canopy to reduce some of the windage before agreeing.

Morning came, I was up first, again I pulled back the curtains and wiped away some of the condensation and once again the scenery had changed, reeds were now evident, and looking back I could see the bow of a Richardsons bathtub.. Hmm.. Thankfully there was no wind and the broad was calm.. Just like the calm after the storm.

20160917_063255.jpg

The crew on the bathtub were all asleep, I stepped aboard and checked their mudweight, it was all tight. The boat rocked too as I boarded so they was afloat, a quick check for damage on both boats, nothing found, just a bit of paint on Orca's swimdeck (Clive you can have it back if you want ;) ). Orca was too afloat, I checked here depth sounder and all OK, The GPS was still on and the track hadn't moved so I suspect we had just been pushed forward another meter when this other boat dragged it's anchor in the wind (They was moored just over the otherside but a bit towards the wind).

20160917_065009.jpg

20160917_065041.jpg

20160917_065056.jpg

I wasn't going to wake anyone, I went back to bed again lol. A couple of hours later we spotted the first crew appear, the look on his face was a picture. He looked mortified, I wondered over, "Good morning, what a storm last night! Don't worry, no harm done, we are both afloat, all part of the fun.. We will help you get clear when you are ready :) " A few moments later the ladies appeared, all again very confused and apologetic. We had a nice usual chat and reassured that nothing would have happened.. They waved and everyone head below for breakfast!

Poor crew this was thier day though.. what a start! We heard their engine go and wondered aft, Once all warmed up and engine clearly pumping water, we advised to gently move off which they did, all waved and wished them a good week.

Shortly after we started Orca up, Dave retrieved the mudweights and I reversed Orca out of the reeds. All good.. something different. We had put a new mudweight on Orca this week, the other boat came with it.. A cylindrical stainless thing.. huge though.. Dave mentioned that it's slipped earlier in the week but it quickly buired itself and stuck. Being cylindrical we guessed the wind made it tip over and the roll around.. Thankfully the second mudweight is the traditional/original broads style so that stuck (Although that was what on the bathtub and the wind made that come lose).. Anyway it's not put us off mudweighting on the broads and just added to "fun".

Back to the marina, the car was loaded and off we went.

Now thanks to Steve and Debs earlier in the week, Dave wants another boat project (did I say I hate you before guys?!).. But he's been looking at model boat magazines.. and wanted to stop off a model shop in gorleston.. So yup I thought.. he can have a boat if it's bloody tiny.. Off we stopped after a nice little walk along the beach.. and he brought "Andrea Gail" from the film "The perfect storm"... No messing around... (He has to make it from a kit so yup that will keep him occupied).bb526_andrea_gail_2_lg.jpg 

Had a brilliant week though.. The weather was amazing. 5 days wasn't enough though but I think we will certainly look at doing the same kinda week next year!1

• Like 8

Alan, if Dave is getting into model boats, next time you are on the Broads have a look at Alwayshobbies just outside of Beccles. They have a web site alwayshobbies.co.uk. That will sort out any Christmas prezzies.

Have a look at the Dumas Trojan F31 it's the base I used to make Zimbi IV.1 looks like it could easily be adapted to make Jaws.1.

paul

Ps luckily for me it is too far to walk from the Yacht Station.

Now thanks to Steve and Debs earlier in the week, Dave wants another boat project (did I say I hate you before guys?!)..

Thats charming that is. We just agreed with him the the little project he could get at your home marina would be great. It would give him something to do while you sit on your laptop and the internet :naughty:.

if I had the know how I would set up a vote on here and see how many agree. A simple 'should Dave get the little project boat' YES or no. (Ooops, my caps lock got stuck then) is all that's needed 

#supportdavesdream :party:

Steve

• Like 4

Great tale & picteres Alan

you certainly had great weather, hope you get back soon.

that looks like a magic gem that you "met" on Barton Broad, we had one a couple of years ago.

I'd love to have seen the faces of the crew :rolleyes:

(was looking for a shocked emoji)

6 hours ago, LadyPatricia said:

Now thanks to Steve and Debs earlier in the week, Dave wants another boat project (did I say I hate you before guys?!)..

Thats charming that is. We just agreed with him the the little project he could get at your home marina would be great. It would give him something to do while you sit on your laptop and the internet :naughty:.

if I had the know how I would set up a vote on here and see how many agree. A simple 'should Dave get the little project boat' YES or no. (Ooops, my caps lock got stuck then) is all that's needed 

#supportdavesdream :party:

Steve

Right.. 

Sorry for the Delay had BT over as my phone line broke.

Due to the above message, I hereby, declare that I am at at War with Steve. two guns

Mr Steve.... Now then.. David has a boat in Norfolk to maintain. (there are a ton of jobs there to do).. He has a bloody 40 foot broom to work on (there is stuff on here which I've brought which hasn't been installed - Not to mention my birthday present from back in July that is sitting on the shelf untouched).. He has his Brothers boat to assist with. And when LadyP plan B kicks into place then you will need his services.. AND he has 3 model boats, a sailing dinghy, 2 RIBS (One of which "Jaws" has a puncture, he needs to fix... not to mention my Car needs a service... HE DOE'S NOT NEED ANOTHER BOAT... :P 

You,

5 hours ago, Gracie said:

It's a YES from me :naughty:

Grace

p.s Sorry Jaws :hiding:

you,

5 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

YES from me too !

you,

5 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Without doubt a YES from me! :party:

cheersIain

and you,

5 hours ago, deebee29 said:

And it's a yes from me too 

so that's 4 yesses (so far) :naughty:

Your names are marked too... be afraid.. :P Be very afraid.. :P You've picked the wrong side there two guns

Ok you get let of for now;

5 hours ago, deebee29 said:

Great tale & picteres Alan

you certainly had great weather, hope you get back soon.

that looks like a magic gem that you "met" on Barton Broad, we had one a couple of years ago.

I'd love to have seen the faces of the crew :rolleyes:

(was looking for a shocked emoji)

Thank you sir, it was a lovely week.. everyone who was up that week were amazingly lucky.. Norfolk at the best!

I'm not sure what boat it was, and I don't want to cause them any embarrassment by naming as it could have happened to anyone. They were all very friendly and I'm sure/hope had a brilliant week. They were certainly shocked to see a change of scenery overnight though lol! cheers 

two guns

• Like 2

How harsh Mr Alan

I am hurt and saddened at your outburst above. It was only a conversation between us all and both Deb and myself just happened to come down on Dave's side #supportdavesdream.

Now for you to declare war on poor little me is uncalled for. I / we are only trying to support Dave as such a nice guy deserves happiness in his life. And just think if he was to get it #supportdavesdream then you would have more time for the forum, internet and Xbox. Everyone's a winner :party:

As for throwing the Lady P plan b in to the mix that is a blow below the belt and unwarranted. I'd expect you to do most of the work required in that plan :naughty:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

First out of season weekend

Saturday 15th October

I wasn't going to share our weekend trips but I think there's an even move "specialness" to the broads during the out of season months! The shorter days allow for some night navigation and some really atmospheric weather conditions! Obviously the rivers and moorings are quieter so we can get into the places during the summer months we avoid!

So after a really crap week we decided to head north!  Dave dragged me into the car at 9am (Not as in I didn't want to go.. but I do still like my bed more than the 3 hour drive!).. He drove up he wanted to do the A12 because it's more rural and pretty (and feels more direct) but I was in the mood for Pancakes and waffles so made him do the M11! My joy of seeing the first of what I call "The Norfolk roundabouts" (Norfolk and suffolk really love their roundabouts on all roads in they overdo the roundabouts.. geez)... but this meant the pancake and waffle shack was hidding just out of reach from the road. "Left" I screamed at Dave..don't you dare miss it..

Packed it was but we got our erm usual table :huh: by the window.. Dave grabbed an english breakfast.. :huh::huh::huh: i grabed the erm Strawberry waffle deluxe :swordpir:.. lovely it was and gone in seconds.

Back in the car, we arrived and popped into Tescos for some small bits for later.

Dave wanted to do a bit of driving for this weekend instead of Neatishead and back (yup we've done that alot now).. he suggested Ranworth.. I was thinking of Salhouse as it's less stress to moor up. But we had the whole Ant to decide.

Off we trundled, the rivers were noticeably busy with lots of hireboats. The ant now feeling like our home River passed by us and easily de-stressing us. 

Dave notice our ballast tank was full up and really needs emptying.. If we was going to Ranworth then Ludham bridge would be the only place for the pump out. A moderate crosswind was visible at ludham bridge and knowing well that Orca doesn't respond well, I was relieved to see no one attempting to come through so we hand full take off rights. Orca went through the bridge with no hesitation.. Thankfully too the service space at Ludham Bridge boatyard was free and the crosswind would help us get in using the ferry glide method.. eased off the throttle I did and Orca moored herself sideways with no issues. 

A friendly chap came over and welcomed us to the yard for the first time.  Orca's ballast tank is a big one and yup I like to keep it full as it really does help her stability.. but means she's not been pumped out for some unknown time.. and yup her nylon cap was stuck.. Dave eventually got it off and she was quickly all serviced and given £20 worth of dinorsaur bones too. Thankfully it meant I could reverse out into the wind and Orca happily obliged and we was waving our new boatyard friend with a loyalty card in hand... 

At the end of the ant I spotted on of those common tall white sailor things right by the exit, I dropped out of gear and indeed a lovely timber dinghy appeared from the reeds at speed with an obvious and agreeable smile on their faces (was going like a rocket ship!). Sadly at this point Orca was being blown sideways and a hireboat behind us didn't reduce speed, spotting an impact I sounded Orca's load horn in anger as a continuous blast.. the boater still didn't go to stern :huh: Dave was soon on the front giving the hireboater firm instructions and education.. After a light starboard bump they went to stern and Orca pivoted  around their bow and aimed in the right direction (cow!)  and the hireboat went enough to stern to allow us to drive off without further contact(Editors comment to inexperienced readers: The hireboater should have gone to stern as quick as possible to avoid a contact.. even though we shouldn't have been in that position we was avoiding an impact and thus unable to manoeuvre so had full right of way. Contact at that point was the hireboaters doing). Dave still on the front issuing educational instructions finally inspected the hull for damage and came in and said we are sinking there's a massive hole... kill kill kill.. 

Knowing Dave's exaggeration (and the speed of contact.. probably 2mph), I told him to helm whilst I went forward.. no damage spotted.. he was issued with the command to "Stand down and relax".. he does get worked up.. hence I'm da boss :) 

Sensing Dave could do with a drink we turned into Ranworth.. (Thankfully Orca's abusers didn't so at least I didn't have to deal with that conversation!).. I spotted a spare space (Miracles do happen:angel:) but also a haines hovering like a wasp to a beer glass.. I assumed that spot was too narrow for them as it was a corner one.. and yup when the turned away we sneaked in.. It was just big enough for us :) 

Once Dave was all sorted with ropes (best I just stay out of his way).. we headed for the pub.  It's been a long time since we've been in here.. I'm not a huge fan sadly but thought it's worth a try again. Sadly no wherry on but I had an adnams shandy, Dave yup aspalls.. we sat in the bar area by the fire! 

Two young employees came forward with two packs of fire lighters, a skip of wood and coal and a basket of paper (Disclaimer.. some events in these blogs are exaggerated for effect), they throw everything on the fire in an irrelevant order and wandered off... Once the nuclear explosion went off which obviously put the fire out (which had not chance of staying alight) The chap on the table beside us got it going whilst we chatted and patted his cute little Jack russell pet... yup called Jack (You have to call it Jack.. if not it's really a lost opportunity!). We drunk up and and wished them a good day and headed back to the boat.

Back on the boat we spotted a hireboater trying to moor beside us (where they wasn't a mooring) we kinda told them to go away, but they joked they'd been trying for hours lol so we decided to help them tie up securely deciding they could have our mooring when we left later to moor on the broad.

We all know what Ranworths like, another boat quickly appeared eyeing up the moorings, spotting a mooring available at the end but stern on (the NWT people here have been doing it this year).. I told them to head astern that way and I'll help.

As they was coming to stern the chap from the table came out and I advised the plan, he got into the same spirit and agreed dispite being blocked in! (Being a bit tipsy probably helped!)... Thankfully the crew on here quickly appeared experianced and came astern with no worries, as we tied them up though (And there was a good crowd of people watching in a joyal spirit understanding that we are just trying to get everyone it!) the crew from a large private timber sailing boat came in and issued instructions "Can't do that".. "But I'm going anyway and can't get out".. Ok yes sorry world I snapped a tad and assured him I can get a container ship out of there as is.. to keep we made space and the yacht departed in the same space before moving but looking sheepish!  :wave

Everyone now in the spirit everyone found it in them to make enough space and we squeezed the last boat in... although advising that they would need to pay £25 for the mooring.. .sadly they had no money but beers offered ;) 

But a lovely atmosphere and Dunkirk spirit well and truly evident. 

We went to the bar as it was now getting late, we was the only ones here and ordered dinner. The place quickly filled up though and there was no tables free by 6.30! (and to add the three boats we helped get in which two was large parties arrived and took tables so our efforts paid off giving the pub a lot of extra income). Food was slow but the food was OK and filled the hole.. we will be back. 

Back to the boat we noticed another boat moored against us.. a tad surprised, I tapped on the door and lady answered, I advised we was heading off and recommended they moored stern on.. she told me abruptly to calm down :huh: Hastly replied "I'm perfectly calm I'm only advising you to moor stern on in our old spot whilst we go".. Leaving the women to her own devices we gently steered off.. Dave had rigged up two lovely spot lights which lit up the broad so we went the short distance and Dave dropped (both) mudweights.. Engine off, Anchor alarm on.. She was still.. DVD player on! Despite the last womens strange attitude (I think she just wasn't expecting us to move and was caught unprepared really) and the slight bump it was a lovely day and we met and spoke so brilliant people and made new friends.. all what the broads is about!!!

20161015_110916.jpg

20161015_141713.jpg

20161015_141803.jpg

20161015_141835.jpg

20161015_143927.jpg

20161015_134734.jpg

20161015_134859.jpg

20161015_141257.jpg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

"Autumn weekend!"

5th November 2016!

We had been planning on coming up for a couple of weekends but life as always got in the way.  I'd been chatting to Steve on LadyP and they was thinking of moving the boat about so we arranged to met up and have a little cruise about. Dave took a day off work too so it meant for a nice long weekend..  We arrived into rainy Norfolk just after lunch and went straight to wayford marina to help Steve drive the boat... Yup his helming is just soo bad it needed the expert skipper in me to help :huh: It was a bit tight but no worries really (I'll teach you to drive one day Steve). Anyways sadly it was apparent that LadyP didn't want to out for a spin and was playing games so we put her back onto the berth and let Steve have a bit of a think whilst we went shopping! (And drop off a mudweight we had sold via facebay).. Steve called and we arranged to head over to the wayford bridge pub for some light refreshments and a late lunch.  

Lunch was really nice, good service and we sat in the restaurant area which had a nice view of the river. We only found this pub last year really and I do like it (Be much nicer when the bathroom tiles are banished though ;) ).

Sadly Steve and debs decided to call it a day and head home but we was still on for heading out.. (Assuming Orca plays ball!). Arriving into the marina we walked over to Orca but we decided to bring her closer to the car and load her up (It's a bit muddy so didn't want to walk back and forth) She started fine and we was quickly off.

It was quickly apparent that we had the whole of the broads to ourselves.. The rivers just looked amazing, golden leaves chilled back wildlife and a lovely early sunset. We have installed some temporary spot lights as we really then don't need to worry about it getting dark. 

We did spot a couple of boats coming up from Barton including a couple of herbert woods boats so you can still hire this time of the year (and what a time to do so!). We was hoping to head towards Ranworth but as we approached Irstead I said to Dave we should stop and plug the spot lights in so they can be used. It quickly got dark so we decided Ranworth was a bit too far so headed upto Neatishead instead. Barton really looked cool in the dark and another boat coming across with Navlights on was unusual to see here (as it's normally only us idiots at night!). The spot lights were needed heading into Neatishead as I couldn't see a thing without them. We struggled to decided where to moor at neatishead as it was completely empty! but I put her right down the end.  Off to the pub, nice to be a bit closer and not have the longer walk from gayes but it was cold and raining so it was welcomed! The pub looked cool and welcoming all lit up. We grabbed the usual and just ordered a couple of bowls of chips.  Back on the boat and Norfolk was already doing it's magic and I was straight to bed and asleep.

20161105_165229.jpg

20161105_155614.jpg

20161105_161433.jpg

20161105_175423.jpg

• Like 8

Sunday 6th November

I slept really well, Orca's soo warm compared to the other boat (we did spend time and money making her such though). We had arranged for Jonzo to stop by and grab the other mudweight I again sold on facebay. I had to drag myself up though and Jonzo's appeared.. Nice few moments catching up although we chat alot on the puters still nice to chat! We dragged Orca forward to save Jonzo's energy making it less of a walk. We span Orca on ropes and departed to.. It was certainly a cold morning though and I was all dressed up for winter (including gloves :( ) . We'd notice our batteries where a bit low so we really needed to have a long run.. I wanted to have a night in Wroxham as we avoided it during the summer so perfect excuse!

20161106_114134.jpg

This is really our first autumn up here, both in terms of having the boat and being up north as we have always been south so it felt so weird but so explainably nice! It really felt like our broads and our rivers.. empty and so peaceful and relaxing! I helmed pretty much all the way into Horning. Horning again was somewhere we avoided during the summer but we spotted a spot on the staithe so moored up quickly and off for a quick stroll.. Nice to catch up with horning but it looks and feels better during the summer so off we went again. 

20161106_130351.jpg

No boats in sight and clear blue sky, mirror glass rivers and the odd blue flash of a passing kingfisher.. soo relaxing! 

20161106_135919.jpg

20161106_140056.jpg

20161106_140314.jpg

20161106_142131.jpg

The hotel moorings where thankfully empty and no "Reserved signs" visible, I ran into the pub and got the OK to stay there yay! Engine off Orca all tied up I wanted to do a bit of shopping!

20161106_143636.jpg

20161106_143701.jpg

20161106_143757.jpg

20161106_143841.jpg

20161106_162501.jpg

20161106_162536.jpg20161106_180923.jpg

20161106_163402.jpg

I'm not quite a fan of Wroxham as it's far too busy but again it feels different and certainly more manageable out of manic season.. So yup walk around the boat sales all the roys shops.. socks brought (I forgot to bring :huh:) dustpan and brush, a towel sorted. Back to the hotel and I spotted a band playing, I do like live music so grabbed some drinks and a seat with a viewed. It quickly became clear it was an open mike so lots of variety and really enjoyable.. really cool change! if anyone's interested 1st sunday of every month..  as if by music the band finished at 7pm perfect time for a curry, we've not been in for some time but a lovely curry (Star of india).. highly recommended. Back to the boat and again Norfolk had done it's magic and we was both exhausted so another early one.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Yup his helming is just soo bad it needed the expert skipper in me to help :huh: It was a bit tight but no worries really (I'll teach you to drive one day Steve). Anyways sadly it was apparent that LadyP didn't want to out for a spin and was playing games so we put her back onto the berth and let Steve have a bit of a think whilst we went shopping!

You cheeky **********. No one was moving her in any direction with a broken rudder. Long drive up and what seemed like an even longer drive back but all is in hand and she will be as good as new very soon :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

shame as we were looking forward to a lovely cruise for a couple of days but that's life as they say.

glad you guys had a great time 

cheers

Steve

• Like 4

Steve.. Don't give away my secret...parts of this blog are dramatised for effect ;) (you could have got her out on your though.. you did wimp out a little bit though lol :hardhat: )..

Thanks Jean.. it really was a very nice weekend, looking forward to more trips! 

Monday 7th November 

It's always nice to wake up in Norfolk on a monday morning! It was a cold one but again Orca's heating and insulation keeps her toasty inside and I slept well again despite the strong winds and creaking lines but we are well used to that.

My planning went a bit out today, considering we had to head home but it was a good long trip back up to stalham! Whoops, but with empty Rivers it wouldn't be too hard. We was up early too so at 8.30 we started the engine and headed off. Not being into Wroxham for some time it all looks new so it was nice to see. The Rivers again were just quiet and glass clear about from the leaves on the surface. 20161107_092736.jpg

It was a cold one and I was all wrapped up including my new NBN hat :huh: 

20161107_093723.jpg

Horning was soon upon us.. still not another boat in sight, we really had the broads to ourselves.

20161107_094301.jpg20161107_094313.jpg

20161107_094433.jpg

20161107_094537.jpg

20161107_094612.jpg

20161107_094630.jpg

The winds were still strong though and it was a bit hard to keep Orca going in a straight line but all part of the fun!

20161107_102752.jpg

Under ludham bridge a bridge craft hire boat waved back. I wanted to stop and have a breakfast but the wind didn't allow and after a few attempts in either direction I just couldn't safely come along side so I gave up!

20161107_110351.jpg

20161107_110515.jpg20161107_110521.jpg

20161107_110625.jpg

The winds at How hill where a bit more sheltered so she came alongside with no problems. Dave threw some bacon on the grill and a bacon sandwich was ready in moments whilst I enjoyed the quietness of how hill! 

20161107_111144.jpg

20161107_111155.jpg

20161107_115217.jpg

Back on the river as time was getting on and Dave wanted to get home. A peaceful run further up the Ant, Irstead looked as pretty as always. Barton had a little bit of chop but nothing challenging for Orca's deep Vee hull. Sadly the marina entrance was quickly upon us, thankfully the winds weren't an issue and Orca was all tied up and packed away. Until next time!

• Like 8