Another lot that appear not to be able to read

LadyPatricia

Potentially because they are stupid unless something broke like an engine.

My personal opinion is people think there is a lot of water there and don't realise how shallow it is or how quick the tide goes out and leaves them high and dry. No amount of signage would stop these happening.

Poor alphacraft just not getting the run of the tide these days!!

What a waste of a day on the broads to be stranded there. All it takes is a lack of concentration, or most probably in this case to many units being consumed in a short time.

• Like 2

Poor alphacraft just not getting the run of the tide these days!!

What a waste of a day on the broads to be stranded there. All it takes is a lack of concentration, or most probably in this case to many units being consumed in a short time.

this is going to be a good one to two get off,I got the shout for this boat last night apparently they had run aground at the bridge,when in fact they were 200 hundred feet from the a47.unable to get to them I left them on for the night,this morning they were so drunk that helicopter refused to lift them.all they did was laugh at us as we rowed over to them in a foot of water,now that boat is stuck there for a week till the tide is high and we have Marked a channel out
  • Like 1

Why is it that that some people think that because there is water there it must be deep enough.?

I know that these boats are thought of as being "flat bottomed" but don't they realise that a boat sits IN the water and not on top of it ???

Suggest that at the handover they are shown a model boat in a glass tank so they can  see just what is under the waterline.

Wonder if any boatyard has thought of hiring out hovercraft to prevent this sort of thing?

Jeff

Hovercraft are a great idea, although they are banned in Broads Authority areas, despite being invented and built at Somerleyton!

I can kind of see the steerage issues.

There's a life'boat' hovercraft at Hunstanton which regularly goes out to the sandbar.

and no mudweight...

funny enough last night I called them and told them to throw the mud weight over board for safety,when I arrived this morning it had gone rope and all,I suspect he threw the lot over last night in his incoherent state
  • Like 2

We just saw it. It certainly is a long way up the mud and I believe its spring tides at the moment. Certainly also sounds like these lads were being stupid and I personally think they should be made to pay for cost occurred as this isn't lack of experience but stupidity.

Thoughts to alpha and any future alpha customers whom may be inconvenienced by these idiots.

Good luck too to wehlau and maffetts. Hope its a safe and easy job.

• Like 9

Steve and Deb

Sorry I hadnt seen that when I posted

As far as I can see cut and dried then

I just feel for the hire yard owners who appear to have a group of apparently sensible lads or lasses and they then go and make a complete a**es of themselves both inconveniencing the yard and the next hirers.

Wehlau

It would appear to say it all nomreal comprehension at all.

Sad times and feel for the yards very difficult call

cheers

Ray & Carole

• Like 1

We just saw it. It certainly is a long way up the mud and I believe its spring tides at the moment. Certainly also sounds like these lads were being stupid and I personally think they should be made to pay for cost occurred as this isn't lack of experience but stupidity.

Thoughts to alpha and any future alpha customers whom may be inconvenienced by these idiots.

Good luck too to wehlau and maffetts. Hope its a safe and easy job.

my uncle "maffets" was horrified at how far it is on apparently this has happened only a hand full of times in forty years.i had the boss of Alfa craft with me this morning and the hirers just laughed at him when he climbed on the boat and said "looks like we f&@?ked this guys boat up",he replied I am the owner and you have just lost you deposit as he stood in beer cans and food all over the floor.apparently they behaved impeccably on the show round.i think it's just bad luck for him at the moment

On our very first weeks boat hire 3 or 4 years ago we crossed breydon water with absolutely no bother. There was a couple of boats aground at that time too. If you read the literature supplied from the yard(richardsons in our case) and plan properly it should be easy enough. Perhaps the yards should start fitting depth Sounders and LOUD alarms?

• Like 1

Loss of deposit, i think in situations such as these the unfortunate hire yard should have very strong powers to recover from the named hirers all of the costs they incure as a result of negligent behavior like this, and if they cant pay make them bankrupt. There needs to be some way of stopping this as it is becoming much more frequent, or atleast it seems so lately.

my uncle "maffets" was horrified at how far it is on apparently this has happened only a hand full of times in forty years.i had the boss of Alfa craft with me this morning and the hirers just laughed at him when he climbed on the boat and said "looks like we f&@?ked this guys boat up",he replied I am the owner and you have just lost you deposit as he stood in beer cans and food all over the floor.apparently they behaved impeccably on the show round.i think it's just bad luck for him at the moment

I do worry about the guys at alpha craft at the moment.. they certainly are having a very rough time. As I said I think this should be more than taking away the deposit it should certainly be criminal proceedings (It is literally almost against the railway track on the bank) moreso if they were all drunk.  Good luck again guys (good to hear the tow job will be kept in the maffetts and co family ;) ) at least as MM mentioned it's spring tides on the way.  cheers

It's a shame they can't leave them aground until they cough up a hefty sum they don't get recovered.

I reckon after a couple of days when the food and beer run out they would be keen to pay up.

Guess we can't do that in this day and age.

Of course it only works if it's in the early part of a hire.

I am surprised the alpha boss didn't thump them after that comment.

• Like 3

Iain, wasn't suggesting it was right or condoning it but if someone has no conscience for a mans livelihood then maybe they get what they deserve!

Personally I wouldn't have thumped them but would definitely be changing my terms to try and recoup my costs and any lost revenue.

• Like 3