Winter Storms......

BroadScot

Hi Ian, hope you stay safe too, some nasty weather about. Very windy here in Norwich and low tide was 10:30 this morning. 4 hours later and we are still very low. As I'm sure you know the flood takes about 5 1/4 hour to high tide here so with just over n hour to go this is how it looks.

It will be worth a look at Eastport to see just how mad these tides are at the moment.

http://www.eastportuk.co.uk/Tidal_Chart.aspx

Colincheers

forgot to add pic of boat behind, not ours and if you count the rungs on the ladder. 6 = just over 9 feet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Islander

Quick head fot Potter bridge, some people might get through!!

With the wind blowing consistently northwards, it will literally be blowing the water out of the north sea!

If it were the other way with all this rain we might be in trouble!!

Is it me or are the storms worse than normal now they have names?

Deepest sympathies with anyone caught in the floods and extreme winds.

Our village was flooded, one road is still closed, we live 200+ft above the river level but do have friends on the flood plain side of the river (Tyne).

paul

9:45pm. 10deg list still well aground. Hopefully it will star to rise now if Brundall is coming up. Had a similar tide at Brundall about 15 years ago when we were at John Brooms yard. We were moored on the river front together with a beautiful wooden cruiser that was listing so badly the owner wouldn't stay to watch, worried his cleats might fail and the boat roll over. Glad to say everything was ok but very touch and go.

colincheers

• Like 1

If it washes away that bridge, as too many people seem to be wishing for, it will also wash away all of the riverside challets, Lathams, Herbert Woods, Martham Boats, Horsey Mill, Hicking, West Somerton, and then some. Thurne would be underwater as would Stokesby, Horning, Ranworth, Wroxham, Stalham. 

Be careful what you wish for. 

Personally, I am extremely pleased that we have not been attacked by this storm as, frankly, it had the ability to put this area out business for the coming year and destroy thousands upon thousands of lives. 

Wishing away an ancient landmark, no matter how it affects your own personal circumstances, is not a laudable position to take, IMHO.

• Like 8

Well looking at the weather for Scotland again today it seems you are in for another deluge.  Here near to Beccles it is chucking it down , despite the BBC weather site saying it won't rain until 12.   Do tell how come with all of this technology and gizmos these days they cannot get it pin point correct?   Looking at it at the moment I was thinking about poor Scotland and the North in general who have suffered.

I do hope that you and your family are ok Iain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Well looking at the weather for Scotland again today it seems you are in for another deluge.  Here near to Beccles it is chucking it down , despite the BBC weather site saying it won't rain until 12.   Do tell how come with all of this technology and gizmos these days they cannot get it pin point correct?   Looking at it at the moment I was thinking about poor Scotland and the North in general who have suffered.

I do hope that you and your family are ok Iain.

I too can't understand it, Monica. I use Rain-Alarm on my computers/Androids and it frequently just makes a nonsense of what the weather forecast is saying right then:

http://www.rain-alarm.com/

22 minutes ago, Hockham Admiral said:

I too can't understand it, Monica. I use Rain-Alarm on my computers/Androids and it frequently just makes a nonsense of what the weather forecast is saying right then:

http://www.rain-alarm.com/

Nothing wrong with the well tried n tested seaweed as acurate as akll these new gizmo's