David Bowie

deebee29

Totally agree.  We`ve lost one of the true mavericks of music. Every so often, you get that one in a million come along, and  they turn whatever the field on it`s head and make a real difference. David Bowie was one of those, in the same vain as Michael Jackson.  The truly sad fact is, he celebrated his 69th birthday only last Friday, and was still a relatively young man by todays standards. He was an absollute legend, and the music industry has lost a true icon, who not only entertained, but also inspired others. The good thing is we`ll always have iconic music like "The Jean Jeanie", "Let`s Dance" etc etc to enjoy for all time.

R.I.P. David Bowie.

• Like 1

Hear! Hear! Neil you've nailed it..............

Other memorable songs I remember included “Space Oddity,” “Heroes,” “Changes,” “Under Pressure,” “China Girl,” “Modern Love,” “Rebel, Rebel,” “All the Young Dudes,” “Panic in Detroit,” “Fashion,” “Life on Mars,” “Suffragette City” and a 1977 Christmas medley with Bing Crosby.

What a guy.    :clap   :bow   :clap

• Like 2

I met David Bowie, in the First Class lounge at Heathrow. He sat on one of the sofas opposite where I was seated and for about fifteen minutes we had the most normal conversation.

On the flight afterward I thought of a thousand things I would like to have asked him, instead we talked about favourite hotels in Singapore and the fall of the Berlin Wall, he was a great lover of Berlin. this would have been 1990

I won't try and say what a great musician or even nice bloke that he was, any words from me would be totally insufficient.

A great loss and untimely. Saw him in Bradford in 1976 or thereabouts in his Ziggy Stardust incarnation. An absolutely superb musician, creative spirit and consummate performer.  Whilst i think that his early stuff was the best, he is one of the few artists who has continually innovated and re-invented his music, rather than just sit back and re-hash early material.

cheers

Steve

• Like 2

yay! Better than my quiz performance earlier tonight!

There is someone here who tonight confessed that they attended the very first Glastonbury back in 1971 (there were about 500 people in total !!) and David Bowie was there as an unknown support act. He made a very good impression though and the rest, as they say, is history.