Mowjo

Thurne Lion

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190788-d1828551-Reviews-Lion_Inn-Great_Yarmouth_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html#REVIEWS

There's a theme there which would seem to support the rumors locally that a very substantial amount of work is required - in the order of £300-400 k. That's why it's closed.

I hope and wish you good luck Rick.We always enjoy visiting the Lion.Yes the moorings  do need improving.I may be wrong but I think they are owned by  by someone  on the right hand side.Not the pub.What ever happens I hope the pub comes back to life

Here's hoping  Ian

Be nice if someone decent took it over! I stopped using it when the previous owner took over, not only didn't I like his background the food went right downhill,, On the Moorings! couldn't a deal be done with the BA?? like lease them to the BA! most people I know moor there for the pub and food, so if it was turned into a 24hr BA mooring would it make any difference in pub trade or would it improve it, as if it was free mooring I'm sure it would always be full and not like the last couple of years, I've lost count of the times during the day when I've been past and there's only been one of two boats moored,

5 hours ago, marshman said:

Grass banks are very kind to boats too!!

Once again we agree!

That plus anything, other than float away wood chippings, is way better than that blessed crushed concrete now being used on some 24hr moorings.