2017 Beccles Wooden Broads Cruiser Show

JanetAnne

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

keep a look out for Chameleon ,  we are afloat till 28th at least

What happens after the 28th? - You planning on not being afloat? Oooo-eeerr, that sounds a bit serious

Griff

He turns into a pumpkin :default_biggrin:

Right then,

I have got my timings confirmed:-

My NavPlan is to depart the Wet-shed Friday morning aiming to be through Gt Yarmouth at around 1430 with the following timings:- (All subject to change as this is Norfolk)

Friday 18th -

Sail Wetshed at 0900-ish

Arrive Acle Bridge Inn 1130-ish (Stop off for our Macie dog and a couple of libations – Rude not to)

Sail from Acle Bridge Inn 1230

Pass through Gt Yarmouth 1430-ish

Arrive Beccles 1830-ish

There are a few craft that are joining us en-route.  Anyone going the same way - you are more than welcome to join us for some or all of the trip to suit yourselves and it will be a pleasure to have your company.

Communications – PMR Channel 4 and/or loud hailer across the river!

BTW - Beware of stealth cameras onboard 'B.A' as there is a strong possibility that 'The Rascal' will be onboard with us!

Griff

• Like 3

Mugs are ordered, programme coming together nicely and show paperwork all under control. Quiz sheet is formulating - always a harder challenge to put together than to answer!

Is it really only 9 days to go?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Griff

Keep an eye out for us on your route to Acle, will endeavour to be around to suit your timings.Provided I have plucked up the courage to tackle the bridge, would love about 6'6" but fear as its Neaps we won't be so lucky.

(Judith M)

• Like 1

I will be turning up (by car) early Saturday morning, is there anywhere particular I should report to when I arrive?

Yes - To your boat accommodation 'Broad Ambition' of course.  If it's proper early, then stick then kettle on when you arrive.  Mines a mug of rum with a splash of coffee, milk no sugar.  Your cabin will be the single Fwd Port

This is handy as she is able to give as good as she gets from Griff and keeps him in check  /  Someone needs to for sure

Two girly crew members onboard then, where's the challenge in that?  There's only one of me, I'll hang about whilst they get another ten!  :default_icon_kiss:

Griff

1 hour ago, Timbo said:

I too will be arriving by car on Saturday afternoon, time dependent upon how far I've got scrubbing and painting bilges and filling and sanding the hull.

if you like I will bring filler, sandpaper and model #2 to keep you going:default_biggrin:

• Like 2

a bit of a panic, noisy exhaust and back end hanging low, took it in to one place, that although they had no cars in and nothing on the ramps, said they were fully booked today. asked the guy nicely and he whisked it up on the ramp, broken rear hanger, and a tiny blow about half way along. he didnt have anything to wire it up with, he didnt want to charge me, but as he had been helpful, I gave him a fiver to get himself a drink tonight. popped into halfords and picked up a tin of putty and spotted a couple of steel s hooks that looked useful, half an hour later the s hooks have been re-bent a bit and fitted and a dab of putty over the point we felt a blow, and all is good to go for my trip up to Beccles.

• Like 1