Broad Ambition - The Model

grendel

So, whilst I have been working on the model, I have also been getting my stuff together for next weekend too, I had a brilliant idea for firelighting, thus I have collected up shavings and offcuts from the model, these will be used to start the fire in my wood stove I will be cooking on this weekend. I also had a thought to ask the rangers if I could pitch my tent nearer the mooring area for the meet- well I can but ask.

• Like 1

well some fine fettling has been done and the roof trimmed to size, its fitting in place quite well though for some reason one corner lifts slightly - a bit of skew maybe it needs some internal corner bracing, roof top fittings still required so some additional strips across the top, and handrails etc all of which should help stiffen it up a bit.

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

• Like 5

Robin already has a fender key ring we presented it to him last year. I was thinking about the suggestion of the blue fender award mentioned a few days back, or maybe hunt the blue fender at the meet?

I still have to find the time to paint it yet.

maybe I can get a spool of Blue printer filament, then I will be able to produce Blue NBN fender keyrings (they should float too).

• Like 4

A quick rush bit of work to add more interest, apart from doing some 3D printing, I have given a fender a coat of blue paint, and done a quick rush test fit of some radio gear, only the basics throttle and rudder, but we may be able to float the model and control it this weekend.

• Like 2

I will have a small camera with me, but I trust we will also have Robin with his camera (and maybe even Tim will bring his camera too), I might even be tempted to try out my waterproof video camera- though its not as high resolution.

• Like 1

Well I took the model to Salhouse to the meet, we had several outings on the broad, which were videoed, so here they are.

one thing I did notice was that with the batteries in the compartment forrard of the cockpit, she sails a bit nose down, with the batteries in the compartment behind the cockpit, she is stern heavy, the solution is one in each compartment, but I did not have a long enough link lead to try this. I also found I need more rudder throw, this is achievable as I am on the least throw on the rudder at the moment

• Like 4

the speed controller also has a bit of a whine when, the motor is just about to start turning, this is made worse as its all in the open, both the motor, and the controller, these will be enclosed, which will reduce the noise.

52 minutes ago, grendel said:

the speed controller also has a bit of a whine when, the motor is just about to start turning, this is made worse as its all in the open, both the motor, and the controller, these will be enclosed, which will reduce the noise.

Surely that more authentic if it's fitted with a "Yorkshire Whine" in the controller ??:hardhat:

• Like 1

On 21/05/2017 at 4:18 PM, CambridgeCabby said:

Surely that more authentic if it's fitted with a "Yorkshire Whine" in the controller ??:hardhat:

Yorkshire men don't whine. That's Lancastrians your thinking of.

If you want to hear a Whine, Kentish women sound like the supercharger on an old Bentley

• Like 2

Just now, FairTmiddlin said:

Yorkshire men don't whine. That's Lancastrians your thinking of.

If you want to hear a Whine, Kentish women sound like the supercharger on an old Bentley

only until they go above the audible range

• Like 1