Rip Hank

ranworthbreeze

The below taken from the FB group NBB as posted by Sue:-

-------------------------------------------------------------

As you will have seen I have posted the funeral arrangements for Hank so those of you who wish to say goodbye to him in Coventry can do so. For those wishing to say their goodbyes in Norfolk we are planning a memorial on Saturday 1st April. The girls and I thought that Hank would see the funny side of it being on April Fools Day! As this is the first day of the Easter holidays for most we thought it would give those of you not local the chance to get there. We will let everyone know exact times as soon as we can.

The plan is to form a flotilla of boats from Horning with Pete's boat leading and carrying me and family. We will cruise up to Ludham bridge (Hank's favourite spot) where we are hoping to release some balloons and have the Last Post played. Afterwards everyone is welcome to join us for a reception at The Dog where Lorraine and Geoff have kindly agreed to look after us.

I know it is a little while off but we would be grateful if you could post here the names of any boats wishing to join the flotilla and also offer any non boaters a lift if possible. Paul Herbert has kindly offered to answer any queries if I miss them with regards to meeting up etc.

There is parking at Ludham Bridge and also at The Dog so anyone not able to travel by boat can also get there OK.

Thank you all again for the tremendous support and strength you have given to me and the girls.

Sue, Robyn and Laura xxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

'B.A' and crew plan to attend this event

Griff

• Like 3

From Sue:-

Flotilla will leave Horning at approx 10am on Saturday 1st April and cruise to Ludham Bridge where we will spend a few moments. Then on to The Dog for refreshments and a celebration of Hank's life. Paul Herbert is co-ordinating the boats in the flotilla for me so he can let you know any changes.

Griff

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

From Sue:-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Final arrangements agreed for Hank's Memorial in Norfolk.

A flotilla of boats will assemble at Horning at 10am on Saturday 1st April in preparation to cruise to Ludham Bridge.

Once at Ludham Bridge and moored up we would like everyone to make their way on to the bridge facing the river. Once everyone is ready we were planning a balloon release but have come up with a more eco friendly option. Please bring along a tub of bubbles that we can all blow together while 3 year old Avaleigh says her goodbye with a helium balloon release. Once the bubbles have dispersed and Ava's balloons have flown into the sky we hope to have a bugler play the last post. However, I am still trying to find someone who plays if anyone can help.

After the last post we will stroll up the road to The Dog to raise a glass and celebrate Hank's life.

Everyone is welcome to come along either by boat or car in what the girls and I hope will be a tribute to Hank as a 'True Broadsman'.

Please try and let us know if you are coming so that I can prepare Lorraine and Geoff for how many to cater for at The Dog.

Thank you all for your support in the last few difficult weeks xxx

------------------------------------------------------------

Griff

• Like 1

Mags & I have just returned from paying our last respects to Hank our long time friend. He would have really appreciated it I'm certain as around 30 of his family & friends stood on Ludham Bridge, his favourite spot on the Broads, all blowing bubbles before a bugle player played the Last Post and we all adjourned to The Dog Inn for an excellent buffet lunch and great beer.His wife Sue has said that the NBO forum will now close over the next few weeks in memory of Hank. Both Griff & myself have asked her & Pete Marr to join us on the NBN which I hope they will do-only downside of the day was Griffs jokes! :mouse:

Boycee

cheersbar

• Like 6

Alan (Boycee ) summed up the send off for Hank completely and it was a pleasure to join Sue and her family together with many of those who had been involved in the good times when boating bought us together with Sue and Hank in the past..cheers

• Like 6

What a nice way to remember Hank. Thoughts are with his family.

With regards to griff's jokes... he said to my boss (who has a shaved head.. he says he done himself but I'm not sure)... You should go to donny and get a tattoo of two rabbits up there... then it will look like two hares.... :huh: :facepalm: 

• Like 2