My Day

LizG

Well, that’s one side finished.

IMG_0705.thumb.jpeg.0851861f7c44d2b73a530b3b2f780e6d.jpeg

I managed to dig out the hole for the gate post on the other side today and with the wife’s help, when she’d finished work, the post is now concreted in.

IMG_0707.thumb.jpeg.eae1b82b82b83a48a58b2d4a7d526bd5.jpeg

I wanted to dig the post hole 600mm deep, but was into a mixture of clay and flints, so gave up at 500mm.  Four more holes to dig for the remaining posts and the hard work will be finished.  Just rails to fix then and a gate to make.

• Like 11

Strange thing happened this morning. While we were out walking the dogs (and visiting the vet but that’s another story!) our shower door completely disintegrated! 
image.thumb.jpeg.110f3f1e82a6905daf5048d33ba795c3.jpeg
Took ages to clear up all the bits but made me realise how fortunate we are that we have good safety standards in the UK. Imagine if that wasn’t good safety glass! No clue whatsoever as to why/how it happened, luckily the shower is subject to a 10 year guarantee with a year yet to run and a new door is already on order. I’m so glad we were out and not showering!

• Sad 6

Same thing happened in our house a few years ago, about 5.00am, all in bed. I thought something had fallen off a plane and come through the roof.

Mrs Turnoar had cleaned it the day before, can only put such an explosion down to spongetaneous combustion!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turnoar said:

Same thing happened in our house a few years ago, about 5.00am, all in bed. I thought something had fallen off a plane and come through the roof.

Mrs Turnoar had cleaned it the day before, can only put such an explosion down to spongetaneous combustion!

I’d cleaned ours the day before too! The guy at Matki, the shower maker, said that a knock could have done it although the knock wouldn’t have had to be particularly recent. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, grendel said:

With tempered glass all it needs is a heat boundary, sunlight hitting only part of the glass can cause differential expansion, which stresses the glass and can cause it to shatter.

14 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

So you need to stick the shower door where the sun don't shine.

It already is, bathroom faces north. Any more bright ideas boys? (Subtle or not, doesn’t matter.)

• Haha 1

Yes a suggestion ( tongue in cheek).

Get rid of the posh curved cubicle and put a rectangle one in, no curved glass and more room to move.

Really though those curved doors are dangerous, a friends shattered while she was in the shower her feet were shreaded when she got out, no one was in the house, they now have rectangle enclosure!

paul

47 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Yes a suggestion ( tongue in cheek).

Get rid of the posh curved cubicle and put a rectangle one in, no curved glass and more room to move.

Really though those curved doors are dangerous, a friends shattered while she was in the shower her feet were shreaded when she got out, no one was in the house, they now have rectangle enclosure!

paul

Why tongue in cheek? It’s a very valid suggestion. However I don’t agree curved doors are dangerous, if they were they wouldn’t be on sale. I prefer a curved cubicle and think they are just as roomy as a rectangular one. Personal preference I suppose. 

• Like 1

After shopping at Tesco in Sprowston we fancied making the most of a beautiful morning. Popped to Ranworth. Had a very nice scone and coffee at the Granary coffee shop on the Staithe watching the boats coming in. 

Had a chance to say hello to Simon(CambridgeCabby), Kate, and Bramble. Lovely to meet you. Hope you have a lovely weekend. 🤗

IMG_4207.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday  Marina's  sister and brother in law pipped in and stayed the night.This  morning  early afternoon. We gave them a little tour.Started down by Martham  boats.Then Horsey,a few other places  then Hemsby. Along yhe way,we had coffee and some nice cake.I paid the waitress  said  £31. No problem. I was unable to tap,so  had to card in and key numbers. No problem. Then I saw the total.310k.Think you need to check that! For that price I could have been a major  share holder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Good job you spotted that Ian. It’s all too easy to not pay attention with cashless payments. I bought 3 nectarines in Roys a couple of weeks back. The cashier laughed when she realised she had entered 300. 😂

• Haha 3