Fishing.

Poppy

2 hours ago, dnks34 said:

Bobdog

How are they almost certainly licensed eel fisherman?  How would I or any other river user know that just by looking at them? 

and "some people" are not determined to find a problem where there isnt one I am very offended by that remark.

The guy on the back of the boat with a rod is breaking the law and should be followed up but isnt harming the environment to the extent the net fisherman are if they are doing it illegally. 

I, all eel fykes whether sea or freshwater have a tag to denote the license.

2, this is why licensed eel fishermen dont clearly mark gear, to stop people tampering with gear/catch and jumping to unsubstantiated conclusions.

3, the person fishing of the rear of the boat is/could be damaging breeding fish ITS CLOSED SEASON on all river until 15th june 2017

Charlie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobdog said:

Never trust anybody who is 100% certain about anything; they tend to be religious fanatics.  All scientists will admit to at least a degree of doubt.

Really? I am absolutely certain that if I pull back on the stick then the houses will get smaller..........   :angel:

• Like 1

Re the photo I submitted, it was not taken by me but my Bro' Howard on Saturday and forwarded onto me.

I had to sit and have a think about just what I was going to do about it one way or t'other.  You see I like to think I'm a sort of live and let live kinda guy.  Anyone speeding past 'B.A' whether I'm alongside or under way - so what? if no harm done then I'll put it down to ignorance or high spirits.  Rowdy river behaviour? - same thing  'B.A' is 8 tons of biodegradable it is unlikely to do us any harm, and besides I do not own the rivers or banks.  I also try to kinda weigh up any given situation as to whether or not to contact authorities or take any action.  However having said all that I am only 'Uman' and my pet hate is fishing out of season.

Why?  - Cos I'm a fisherman too.  I like to think the fish get 3 x months off for their breeding and a respite from the pressure they are put under.  I also get proper jealous that I can't fish during those three months if others flout the laws and assume they are above such laws - that route leads to anarchy.

So having thought about the situation I did what the majority of forumites on here don't do.  I did something about it.

Yes it is all too easy to moan behind a keyboard in here but more effort required to take the next step.  I took the next step.

I have contacted the EA, provided a witness statement, photo, details of location,  boat owner / Hirer etc etc.   The EA have replied and stated they will get back to me with an outcome

Now I have to live with myself

Griff

• Like 17

6 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Now I have to live with myself

Now you know what Mrs G feels like !  :)

Seriously though, 'job well done' in my book. I agree with you totally about breaking laws and anarchy. Stands have to be taken.

It is every citizens duty to uphold and support the law. It is the authorities duty to enforce the law where needed, and it is the courts duty to assess the levels involved and to deliver justice. A system that has, when all said and done, worked well in this country for several centuries now.

Again, well done matey!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Really? I am absolutely certain that if I pull back on the stick then the houses will get smaller..........   :angel:

Not if you don't have sufficient power on they won't,and many a pilot has made that mistake!!!:shocked

Everything I measure, has on it's certificate a figure showing it's degree of uncertainty 

• Like 2

Just now, TheQ said:

Not if you don't have sufficient power on they won't,and many a pilot has made that mistake!!!:shocked

How we do love to go off topic, Queren! 

OK, if you are stalled then you won't....... But I've been messing about with aeroplanes for over 50 years now and so I'll change it to say that:

"If I push forward the houses WILL get BIGGER!"   (Stalled or not!).   

• Like 4

One simple easy solution get rid of the closed season and let everybody fish all year round just like the canals and the lakes in the uk. Absolute pathetic law to be able to do one thing on one water but not on another and also to charge just those river anglers a full 12 month license when you can only fish 9 months of it the EA really need to get a grip on this I know some wheels are in motion and we will know a bit more soon.

Just now, bigbream said:

One simple easy solution get rid of the closed season and let everybody fish all year round just like the canals and the lakes in the uk. Absolute pathetic law to be able to do one thing on one water but not on another and also to charge just those river anglers a full 12 month license when you can only fish 9 months of it the EA really need to get a grip on this I know some wheels are in motion and we will know a bit more soon.

There are considerable benefits to the Closed Season - and not simply to the fish.  Other wildlife besides the fish are breeding at this time and should ne left undisturbed. Then there is the bankside vegetation which is re growing after the winter.

As you point out, there are plenty of private waters which don't have a closed season... if you must!

• Like 2

Cant see how wildlife has anything to do with fishing, if that's peoples thoughts then we must put a ban on boating, dog walkers , bird watching and all that goes on in the broads area, I have seen dog walkers let there dogs loose on the footpaths and they run loose and put birds etc up in the air. In your opinion is there no wildlife on the tow paths of the canals and the bankside of the lakes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Poppy said:

also to charge just those river anglers a full 12 month license when you can only fish 9 months of it

In many waters the fly fishing season starts on March the 16th, the rest starting on April 1st. one should remember that the rod license covers those people too.

Personally I'd re-instate the closed season for coarse fishing on all waters.

• Like 3

Just now, bigbream said:

Cant see how wildlife has anything to do with fishing, if that's peoples thoughts then we must put a ban on boating, dog walkers , bird watching and all that goes on in the broads area, I have seen dog walkers let there dogs loose on the footpaths and they run loose and put birds etc up in the air. In your opinion is there no wildlife on the tow paths of the canals and the bankside of the lakes.

Of course there is wildlife there . It's simply the the LAW doesn't apply there !! As for your opening comment, " Cant see how wildlife has anything to do with fishing"...... best I refrain from further comment !

• Like 4

Big Bream, wildlife has everything to do with wild water angling. Okay, so carp anglers fish for domesticated, named fish in muddy aquariums but the rest of us fish for wild fish aka wildlife with fins.

As for the close season, long may it continue, despite the annual wailing from those who haven't the inclination to sea-fish, game-fish or, heaven forbid, fish for 'nuisance' carp!

• Like 6

I suppose everyone has there opinion right or wrong but being heavily involved in the match scene and being keen on fishing on the broads we want to be out there fishing at every opportunity we really only have a 5mth season here on the rivers from June till Nov, but nevermind only 6 weeks before the season starts again and my god will businesses in the area know about it can you imagine how busy it would be in the area if we could fish all year round any way that's that.

BB, if you only have a 5 month season then that is your fault, the close season is not November, it's March. You are losing four months of the season by choice, your choice and you are missing some superb sport. As for businesses benefitting by the abolishment of the close season, there is sometimes more to life than money! 

• Like 4