Fishing.

Poppy

On 3 May 2017 at 9:51 PM, JennyMorgan said:

There's one on the Waveney, last time I saw it it was 86 pounds! I have heard that it came out last winter at over 100 pounds.

Well I just had to respond to this post,

How did you know it weighed 100 pounds ?

Wait for it......

It had scales on it's back lol....

When I read posts similar to mine, I often quote... "you need to get out on your boat more", the problem is... I am now on my boat more, 4 days and 4 nights, 3 to go. Enjoying every minute. This break is doing me so much good I can't explain it. So ... no, the jokes don't get any better despite being on the boat  lol.

Richard 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Bobdog said:

I'm not going to say I told you so, but ...

Does it really matter?

Atleast I know if I see these guys and the boat when Im out on the river that theres nothing untoward about them, not to mention all the other people who may have read this thread.  

Wildfuzz was good enough to look into this for those of us concerned and the outcome has ended any speculation, dont see an issue with that! 

In Richardson's brochure it does say about having a valid rod licence. I have read the handbook on every hire boat I've ever been on but can't for the life of me remember if there's anything about a licence :facepalm:. I think that most normal, decent law abiding fishermen/women know for sure that you need a licence to fish, the people that need targeting in regards the laws on fishing are the very people that don't give a damn and will take no notice of what's written in a handbook, a brochure or any where else

Grace

• Like 3

Just now, Gracie said:

In Richardson's brochure it does say about having a valid rod licence. I have read the handbook on every hire boat I've ever been on but can't for the life of me remember if there's anything about a licence :facepalm:. I think that most normal, decent law abiding fishermen/women know for sure that you need a licence to fish, the people that need targeting in regards the laws on fishing are the very people that don't give a damn and will take no notice of what's written in a handbook, a brochure or any where else

Grace

Definitely in Herbert Woods handbook, just read it last week & I'm sure I read it in Silverline & Richardsons last year

• Like 3

Thanks Dave, honestly, I thought I knew the handbook like the back of my hand :rolleyes: I'm am not trying to turn this into a them and us battle but please remember it's not just hirers that flout the law, most of us, I think, will do what's right and obey the rules of the waterways, love and respect the place as if we owned it

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink"......You can lead me to a bottle of wine and you won't force me to drink it either :naughty: cheers

Grace

Share, no one said anything about sharing, came over all a quiver then lol, I have a date with a glass tonight, while I'm sipping away, I will be thinking of ways to deal with Dave, he can't hide behind that blue sofa all night now can he? twoguns

Grace :kiss

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

Share, no one said anything about sharing, came over all a quiver then lol, I have a date with a glass tonight, while I'm sipping away, I will be thinking of ways to deal with Dave, he can't hide behind that blue sofa all night now can he? twoguns

Grace :kiss

Gracie, I just hope that you didn't break that quiver!

• Like 1

It`s a nonsense that the closed season is about letting the fish spawn. I`ve seen fish spawning as early as the the end of a warm January / beginning of february, to the end of a very mild July / early august. Fish will spawn when the climatic conditions suit, as strange as it may seem, fish cannot read a calander, or tell the time for that matter.  The close season is out dated, and serves very little purpose now, if it did, then the close season would still apply to stillwaters and canals, as these have not been subject to the close season for many years, and there`s been no detrimental affects reported to the authorities.  I do however take the point of the big feeds, but again, this will be down to appropriate climatic conditions and not calander dates.  The close season is well past its sell by date now, and it`s very likely it WILL be abolished, and when that happens, i will be looking to use Lightning more in the spring months rather than the overcrowded summer.

• Like 1